Visual Editor misaligned in Event Form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Visual Editor misaligned in Event Form

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Michelle
    Participant

Hi Rob – as instructed am starting a new thread. I did as you said and changed my template for The Events Calendar, but neither of the other options I chose changed the visual editor layout problem. My form is online at http://calendar.theglobalyogi.com/events/members/add/
    Thanks for any help.

Michelle
    Participant

Hi Rob – I now know what is causing the problem in my Visual Editor on the Event form. The Visual Editor is not defined by the ‘bubble’ div (in the events-admin.css) as are all the other sections on the form. Given it has popped out of this ‘bubble’ div it then reverts to the main table styling in the theme’s stylesheet – which is not possible to change to fit just this element.

Rob

Hi there Michelle. Thanks for the note here, and my apologies for taking a couple of days to get you a response here. I’ve got this on Jonah’s radar to take a look – but can you re-share the link, if the issue persists here? That looks to be a “Coming Soon” page rather than the form.

If Jonah can answer without seeing that, he’ll chime in directly this morning. Thanks for your patience and support so far.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Michelle, I need to somehow see the form. Can you email me WP admin access so I can get past the coming soon page? Email to jonah [at] tri [dot] be

Thanks,
    Jonah

Michelle
    Participant

Hi Jonah – I obviously missed your post (above). If you are still able to take a look at this problem – which is still there I’ll email you my admin details today. Thanks.
    Michelle

Rob

Sorry about that, Michelle – we’ve been having some issues with the email notifications that we’re working to fix now. Feel free to send over your credentials to pro /a/ tri.be, with a link to this thread as a frame of reference, and Jonah can take a look from there.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Michelle,

I don’t know exactly what’s causing this issue but my inclination is that it is something with either your theme or another plugin conflicting. Have you tried reverting to the Twenty Eleven theme and/or deactivating all other plugins to see if this helps? I don’t think it’s the lack of the bubble div because this is not in place for the visual editor on my test site…

– Jonah

Michelle
    Participant

Hi Jonah,
    I have just sent you an email with my login details. I have deactivated other plugins and this doesn’t make any diff. I haven’t reverted to TwentyEleven as am concerned I may not easily be able to revert back to my twentyten child theme. Anyway, if you could have a look that would be great.
    Thanks – Michelle

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Michelle,

I’ve taken another look at this and am stumped. It still looks like it’s got to be your theme that’s applying this extra styling but I’m not positive. I’ve asked one of our other devs to take a look and will get back to you on this ASAP.

Stay tuned,
    Jonah

Michelle
    Participant

Hi Jonah,
    Thanks for taking a look. I have looked into the code – and it looks like the form is taking some of the style from the events.css and some from the main style.css and this is what’s causing the problem. I thought perhaps I could remedy it but it’s really too complex and I don’t want to end up having to change core bits of the main stylesheet to accommodate this form as that will knock out of alignment other stuff. To me it looks like the code needs to be altered so that this form only takes it’s style instructions from events.css. At the moment I’m not using the Community plugin as this Visual Editor alignment problem makes it look quite bad and my customers will really need to use the Visual Editor.
    Michelle

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Michelle,

There’s not much we can do on our end though because the styling that’s being applied is very general styling for example for table elements like #content tr td. I suppose we could manually try to normalize the front end visual editor… I’ll propose this to the team.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Bruce
    Participant

I also have the same issue. Using the Genesis Framework.

Jonah
    Participant

Got a link to share Bruce?

Bruce
    Participant

Hi Jonah,
    I’ll have to email you credentials (the site is a membership site, and also in development). How do I reach you?
    Thanks

Bruce
    Participant

Hi Jonah,
    I was able to work around this problem. I have another one though

When I click on ‘My Events’ from within the Submit An Event page, I get WP_Router/wp-router-placeholder-page/1/ permalink and page.

I am using pretty permalinks, and I have refreshed my permalinks.

Any solution for this?
    Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Visual Editor misaligned in Event Form’ is closed to new replies.