Visible Code Output in Event Detail-Page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Visible Code Output in Event Detail-Page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Armin
    Participant

Hi,

we’re currently facing a visible code-output on the event detail-pages, showing us the following code:

Type=cdir;Modify=20170425121408;Perm=cmpdfe;UNIX.mode=0755;UNIX.owner=3228381;UNIX.group=1101; .
    Type=pdir;Modify=20170425121408;Perm=cmpdfe;UNIX.mode=0755;UNIX.owner=3228381;UNIX.group=1101; ..

We approached different solutions, from trying to hide this message via CSS to trying to locate this code within the template – without success though.

The problem only occurs when we activate the Pro-Plugin. With the free plugin, the bug does not occur.

We’re looking forward to any solutions.

Best
    Lennart

Geoff B.

Good evening Lennart and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the code showing up on your events pages. Yikes!
    I would love to help you with this topic.

These look like server level messages (that you would find in a console typically).
    Perhaps there is some debugging setting turned on at the server level ?

The other possibility is that there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1. A conflict with another plugin
    2. A conflict with your WordPress theme
    3. A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure (preferably in a staging/dev environment or local install of your WordPress website) and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1. Make a backup of your database
    2. Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Armin
    Participant

Hello Geoff B.,

thanks for reply.

Our WordPress theme is AVADA which comes with the free Version of your plugin.
    The bug is only visible if AVADA is active and the pro version of teh plugin.
    If we deactivate the pro version and run only the free it won´t show.

What we do till now:
    – WordPress reinstall
    – Switch on standard theme -> no bug
    – Switch off pro version -> no bug
    – Switch off all other plugins not needed for the pro version -> bug
    – Switch on pro and AVADA -> bug
    – Switch in AVADA and free -> no bug

So any ideas left?

Best,
    Lennart

Geoff B.

Good evening Lennart,

Thank you for writing back.

I see what you mean. However, I am not yet able to reproduce it on my end, unfortunately.

There are however, a few avenues I would like to explore with you to troubleshoot:

1. I noticed your PHP max execution time is set to zero max_execution_time = 0. Please look into that
    2. What version of Avada are you using ?
    3. If possible, I would totally remove the version of our plugin that comes with Avada and install a brand new downloaded version of our basic plugin.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Visible Code Output in Event Detail-Page’ is closed to new replies.