"View More" links in List Widget not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO "View More" links in List Widget not working

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Blake Miller
    Participant

I am using an Events widget in a couple of areas on one of our sites. These are filtered down to a particular category. The resulting View More links that appear underneath are linking to a full URL, but it’s ending up on a 404 page.

Here is one from the home page list (we have a widget installed into the page) It’s pointing here:

https://www.scmediation.org/calendar/category/scma-events/

Which is a 404 page.

By using the Filter Bar when viewing the calendar, the proper category view is here:

https://www.scmediation.org/calendar/?tribe_eventcategory=33

I’ve messsed with everything from Permalinks, to Caching, to .htaccess to disabling plugins and themes, etc. No matter what I try, it’s always pointing to the 404 page. My only last thought is to put a redirect from /calendar/category/scma-events/ to calendar/?tribe_eventcategory=33 but that seems like only a bandaid.

Nico

Hi Blake,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about this issue! I’m guess this is an issue with how the ‘Events Category URL’ is working and not with the widget specifically.

For example, if I go to this event page (which belongs to the scma category) I see the category link in the event meta as https://www.scmediation.org/calendar/category/scma-events/, which also results in a 404!

Can you please give the Testing for conflicts guide a go? This way we can see if this is a problem in our plugin or a conflict with the theme or other installed plugins. Also, do you recall changing the ‘Events Category Slug’ or something like that?

Please let me know about your findings,
    Best,
    Nico

Blake Miller
    Participant

Thank You Nico for your help. I was out all last week at a conference so busy on my side with things and digging back into this issue. I have done the following to no prevail:

-Disabled all plugins except Calendar related.
    -Turned off permalinks all-together. Reset/Flushed permalinks.
    -Reverted to Twenty Fifteen theme – https://db.tt/TnWKm9DK
    -confirmed no erroneous 301 redirects are in place in .htaccess or in plugin Redirection

I have multiple installations of The Events Calendar deployed successfully and the category views work okay so it has to be something with this site/theme/plugins. Any thoughts of how / where else to look?

Nico

Hey Blake,

Thanks for following up on this! Indeed it looks a bit tricky, let’s check on the following:

• When you use ugly / default permalinks, it works as expected right?
    • I’ve noticed you change the slug from events to calendar, Can you try to change that back to events and if the category URL works then change it something like myeventspage and check as well? You might need to re-save permalinks after each change, you can check on this with the site normal permalink settings
    • If the above doesn’t work please send over a screenshot of your permalinks settings.
    • Do you recall any particular setting in the calendar/site different from the other calendars/sites?

Thanks for the patience on this, surely a sneaky issue!
    Have a great weekend,
    Nico

Blake Miller
    Participant

Thanks Nico, i made some progress. I did test those items out and they too did not work 🙁

But it had me painstakingly go back to disabling plugin by plugin in a systematic way (disable, flush cache, reset permalinks) for the last 90 min and I’m 99% confident it’s the WP Job Board plugin. (I’d say 100% confident but I’m seeing double after all of the testing)

I checked their settings/config and while there’s some URL and Redirect stuff within, nothing jumped out at interferring with any /calendar/ url or similar.

I looks like they did a big update back in December http://wpjobboard.net/blog/4-3-4-massive-indeed-update/ for which a few items talk about URLs, etc. And that’s probably about when our site started breaking. (It was reported to me by the client around the new year)

I’m going to reach out to them (pointing them to this thread) and see what comes up. If there’s anything that you know of or sticks out at you, let me know.

Thanks again! I appreciate your help even though this could technically be a “their” issue (but dunno, maybe both sides??)

Nico

Thanks for the heads up Blake! Great job identifying the issue 🙂

Let’s keep this thread open until you got a reply form the WP Job Board folks.

Once last test that you could do is create a category called ‘scma’ (or any other name formed only by lower case letters). The dash in the URL might be the issue? I’ve tested locally and it’s not an issue for me, but who knows!

Thanks,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘"View More" links in List Widget not working’ is closed to new replies.