Venues under Month View in Mobile version don't click through correctly

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Venues under Month View in Mobile version don't click through correctly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Singer
    Participant

Hello

In the Mobile version only, in Month View, upon clicking on a day to call up some more details, then below the main calendar any Venue name appearing there in connection with an event should click through to its Venue page. Instead, it goes to an error page in every case. This only goes wrong in Month View in the Mobile version – it doesn’t happen e.g. in Map View in the Mobile version, or on the PC.

It seems to be a problem on the level of the plug-in — that there’s an incorrect link variable used there or something.

You can see this behavior in the brief mobile video capture here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8b6k1bi_TPdcVJLVmtuWDZPVDNKazhqQW1EX3dKMGVzMzNj

Can you confirm whether this is an error in the plug-in, or what I might do? Thanks.

Hunter

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to the PRO support forums and thank you for reaching out. Before I investigate the issue myself, can you please review our Testing for conflicts guide and reply back with what you discover?

Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your day. Cheers!

Andrew Singer
    Participant

Thanks ~ we’ve solved the problem here.

The Venue name link, for events showing under the Month View in Mobile version, needed to look like this: Name of Venue , but they were looking like this: Name of Venue“> Name of Venue

The reason why the permalinks were being incorrectly parsed is because of the function setup on the template called venue_link.

venue_link is calling tribe_get_venue_link() which by default returns the complete HTML link. In order to fix this, we need to return only the URL of the Venue (as we already parsed the HTML through the template).

It’s working correctly now on our site.

Hunter

Andrew,

Thank you for the update and I’m glad to hear everything is working as designed. If you need help with any other issues, feel free to create a new thread. Have a great evening and thanks for choosing PRO. Cheers!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Venues under Month View in Mobile version don't click through correctly’ is closed to new replies.