Venues that are not physical locations do not need GPS info

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Venues that are not physical locations do not need GPS info

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Cynthia Lockley
    Participant

After updating the plugin, I get the following message at top of plugins page:

You have venues for which we don’t have Geolocation information. Click here to generate it.

There is nothing to fix for these. They are teleconference venues and don’t have physical locations.

In the settings, for the entry for Google Maps, there is:

Fix geolocation data Fix venues data

You have 5 venues for which we don’t have geolocation data. We need to use the Google Maps API to get that information.
    Doing this may take a while (approximately 1 minute for every 200 venues).

Is there a way to identify nonphysical locations that don’t have GPS coordinates?

This is not affected by other plugins or the theme so I have not checked those boxes.

Cliff

Hi, Cynthia.

PRO version 4.4.24 tweaked how venues get processed for geolocation lookups.

There are multiple ways in which a venue wouldn’t be identified as needing geolocation lookup to Google Maps:

• Has neither an Address nor City nor Zip
    • Already has the _VenueGeoDateUTC custom field set, meaning it’s been ran through PRO 4.4.24’s geolocation lookup

If you have gone over your Google Maps API quota any lookup attempts will be unsuccessful and you won’t “resolve” those 5.

You could do this to find the 5 that are being detected as missing geocoding information but do not yet have it: https://cl.ly/2m2c3O2s3J0B

Please let me know what you find out after looking into this further.

Cynthia Lockley
    Participant

I went ahead and ran the fix and it says it set the map locations.

Cliff

Glad to hear and thanks for letting us know.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Venues that are not physical locations do not need GPS info’ is closed to new replies.