Venues don't have Geolocation information message?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Venues don't have Geolocation information message?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Stacy
    Participant

You have venues for which we don’t have Geolocation information. Click here to generate it.

I click the generate it link many times and this notification always appears at the top of my Wp admin.

Geoff B.

Good evening Stacy and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

By the sounds of it, your install is unable to connect to Google Maps API to generate the geolocation information for those events.

This could be caused by:

1. The fact that you need to verify your Google Maps API, using this handy guide: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-your-google-maps-api-key/
    2. You are on a shared hosting webhosting plan and you do not have a dedicated IP. This typically means that your daily Google Maps API limit is met quickly as it is shared with all of your shared hosting roommates.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Venues don't have Geolocation information message?’ is closed to new replies.