Venues are not importing

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Venues are not importing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Citizen LocalMotive
    Participant

Only the venue name is importing on our calendar without the address. This afflicts most of the imported events on our calendar.. The address is only imported when the organizer has not entered a venue name.

Here is just one example:.
    Compare our event at https://localmotive.org/event/build-the-mesh-weekly-workshop-3/ with its Facebook source at
    https://www.facebook.com/events/380460789107747/?event_time_id=380460812441078
    Only the venue name “OlyMEGA” was imported, but the FB event does contain the full address and name at OlyMEGA
    312 4th Ave E, Olympia, Washington 98501

Featured images also do not import properly.

I hope you can fix this soon. We have a news article out about our community calendar and also will be guests on a local radio show on Monday featuring it — and the venues are all funky.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Carolyn

P.S. How we import from Facebook after its new privacy policy: In our Facebook profile, we mark interested in events we want on our calendar and then feed our profile’s calendar in.

Citizen LocalMotive
    Participant

Tip: The aggregator worked fine for Facebook pages, but it does not work well for Facebook profiles. It drops a lot of information.

Thank you.

Citizen LocalMotive
    Participant

Update: We manually fixed the venue details and the organizer, so you won’t find the problems now with the links above that I provided as examples. Just know, the following info is not being imported properly:
    * the 2nd line of a venue, which often contains the actual address of the event.
    * the organizer
    * the featured image.

Are these things you can fix or is it a limitation of the Facebook API for events on a FB profile?

Thank you.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Carolyn,

Due to recent changes to the Facebook API, imports from Facebook are not currently possible. After the changes, we did have reports that some users were still able to get some events imported, but this will likely stop working in the future. So sorry for the bad news here! We currently have an application in with Facebook to regain access to their platform, which is under review. We are posting updates on this here as they become available.

Until our access is restored, there is unfortunately nothing that we can do on our end to fix any Facebook import issues. I apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing, and we hope to have some good news soon on getting things up and running again! Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Citizen LocalMotive
    Participant

Your team needs to learn that Facebook *profiles* DO import events that the profile has marked interested in.  Check our calendar, which is STILL to this day populated by imported Facebook events despite the new Facebook policy.  Read your own description of the Facebook policy. That is where I learned this work around.  *Profiles* are not the same as pages and groups. 

I tried out a Timely calendar this weekend and asked the same question and they actually read my questions, understood it and responded usefully.  Why can’t Modern Tribe do the same?

My question was about the particular fields that are not importing.  The events DO import, but the second line of venues. the organizer and the featured image do not.  Timely replied they import everything Facebook offers and FB is not providing these particular fields from profiles.

So my feedback to Modern Tribe is your help staff needs to learn to read your clients questions. 

⁣Sent from Blue ​

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

I did understand your question, but as changes to the API were rolled out, our platform was blocked entirely from accessing the Facebook API. I am not sure how your imports are still running, but it is very likely that they will stop running in the near future.

Users were still able to import events that they indicated they were interested in at one point, and you are correct that we did post this as a temporary solution in the article that I linked to. However, these imports eventually stopped working as well, and currently, we are blocked from importing any events at all.

Some users appeared to retain their access longer than others (likely because some events may have been cached), and it sounds like this is what happened on your site.

I’m sorry for the confusion there, I should have been clearer about that! Once our platform is approved to regain access and we are able get imports back up and running (assuming and hoping that we do!), if you’re still running into issues, we’ll be happy to help you out from there!

Until then, we have no way of investigating issues like this, as none of us here are able to run any imports from Facebook at all. If you have any other questions in the meantime, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Venues are not importing’ is closed to new replies.