Venue View

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    calumjamesgreen
    Participant

Hi I was wondering if there is a way to see just the venues that have been registered? I want users to have the ability to look up venues that have been used before and then see there contact information and any events that have been held at that venue.

so if you like an events view but for venues (Kinda a reverse of the events look.

Geoff

Hi Calum and welcome to the support forum!

That’s currently not a feature that comes right out of the box. However, each venue comes with its own view (e.g. [your-site]/venue/venue-name), so one option you might try is to create a new template that displays an index of all your venues by looping through event venues instead of posts.

Here is our documentation for the get_venues function. That would be the place to start. I also found this snippet that someone used to do the same thing in a similar thread, but for event organizers instead of venues. You can also give that a try by replacing the values of organizers with venues.

Will that work for you? Please let me know.

Cheers!
    Geoff

calumjamesgreen
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for posting the response ill get on and have a look at doing it this way and will let you know in the next day or so 🙂

Thanks
    Calum

Geoff

Awesome, keep me posted!

calumjamesgreen
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Currently Rolling with this

$venues = get_posts(array(‘post_type’ => ‘tribe_get-venues’, ‘posts_per_page’ => -1));
    echo ‘

‘;

foreach ($venues as $venue) {
      echo ‘

• ‘;
      esc_html_e($venue->post_title);
      echo ‘
    • ‘;
      }

?>

<div id=”venues”>
      <?php
      echo “$post”;
      ?>
      </div>

but keeps throwing this error
      Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Post could not be converted to string in

Is there an issue with the way that I am trying to post the data

calumjamesgreen
    Participant

Note the tribe_get-venues is actually tribe_get_venues must have pasted wrong

Geoff

Have you tried tribe_venues instead?

You might need to play around with it, but something like this:
    http://pastebin.com/styr9N00

Geoff

calumjamesgreen
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

That seems to be working thanks!

Just now a case of trying to get it sorted to bring through other data to make it a good looking list.
    trying to use this to get the event meta in but obviously it is only for the single event,

I have it within the for each venue bit but is just echoing the same meta for each title
    do_action(‘tribe_events_single_venue_before_the_meta’);
    echo tribe_get_meta_group( ‘tribe_event_venue’ );
    do_action(‘tribe_events_single_venue_after_the_meta’);

Geoff

Awesome, glad that snippet worked! 🙂

It sounds like you might want to work with the tribe_venue_upcoming_events() function, It’s going to take quite a bit of customization to get it working in the way you’re describing, but I think it can happen.

Does that help answer your question? Sorry I don’t have more code to offer, but I think the documentation certainly points you in the right direction.

Cheers!
    Geoff

calumjamesgreen
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for that really helps appears will require quite a lot of extensive customisation but I will continue to have a fiddle with it see what I can get. If I can’t get anywhere within budget then will look at a better way to meet the requirement.

Maybe something that can be considered for future work as the venues are almost as important as the events themselves when looking at a holistic view to events booking.

Thanks gain for all your help

Calum

Geoff

My pleasure! We always love seeing the awesome ways the plugin is customized, so please share if you get it working. 🙂

Definitely something worth considering. If you’re interested in seeing that feature in a future release, I’d suggest adding it to our UserVoice page. We frequently review suggestions there to find out which ones are popular, then we implement as many of them as we can.

I’m going to go ahead and close this thread, but thanks again for getting in touch and please don’t hesitate to start a new thread is any other questions pop up.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Venue View’ is closed to new replies.