Venue & Organizer views

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Venue & Organizer views

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    opcfw
    Participant

Hello Modern Tribe,
    I would like to have a venue list page and organizer list page. Before I reinvent the wheel is there any work being done on this?
    Thanks!

Leah

Hi there opcfw,

With Events Calendar PRO 3.0, there is both a Venue View and Organizer View. They show the relevant information about the organizer or venue, a map or featured image, and a list of all the upcoming events for that venue or organizer. The views are created automatically for each venue or organizer that is used. You can control them on the backend under Events –> Organizers and Events –> Venues. You can also access the pages from the front end by clicking the venue or organizer names on a single event page. Is that what you’re looking for?

Thanks,
    Leah

opcfw
    Participant

Hi Leah,
    What I am looking for is a view that would display ALL of the Organizers or view that would display ALL of the venues. Clicking on the name of the organizer (or the venue) would then drill down into the specific detailed view for that organizer/event.

Leah

Hi opcfw,

Thanks for clarifying. No, that is not a feature we have in any version. However, if you’re up for a little customizing you can probably build a page like that. We might even be able to provide a little support 🙂

One option you might try is to make a new template in your theme that is a copy of page.php. But you could customize the loop to list organizers or venues instead of posts, and call it to your site with a stub page.

If you need some help, feel free to start a new thread and we’ll help out.

Cheers,
    Leah

Leah

Here’s an example of a snippet that might work for you: http://pastebin.com/E87pCAsm

Arlene Welcher
    Participant

Hello opcfw,
    Were you able to figure this out? I’m also looking for a way to create a page listing all organizers (preferably in alphabetical order).
    Thanks!

Leah

Hi jefflovell,

I was hoping we might hear back from opcfw, but no luck so far. Did you try the ideas I gave above?

~Leah

opcfw
    Participant

Hello @jefflovell,
    I basically did what Leah suggested – I made a copy of a page template from my theme and modified the WP_Loop query arguments to only pull in the ‘tribe_organizer’s and modified the layout to suit my needs.

Rob

Excellent to hear you’re sorted, opcfw! I’m going to go ahead and close this thread, but jefflovell, if you’re still having issues from there, please open a new thread and we’ll do our best to get your issue addressed. Cheers.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Venue & Organizer views’ is closed to new replies.