Venue Info not displaying as it should

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Venue Info not displaying as it should

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JOHN S.
    Participant

The following gibberish shows up when one clicks on a meeting event. This is a continuing problem with displaying avatars on posts. Reference my June 16 post and Jennifer’s June 16th reply. Your droid closed that thread. If I disable the avatar display this problem in the Venue display goes away. But I need to display avatars. So what to do?????

Venue

North Kingstown Public Library<div class=”post-avatar” style=”float: right;” >North Kingstown Public Library avatar</div>
    100 Boone Street
    North Kingstown, RI 02852 United States + Google Map

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello John,

Thanks for reaching out! I’m sorry about this issue.

Does this also happen with other newly created venues?

Do you also experience the same if you switch to a default theme like twentyseventeen?

If that also doesn’t show any difference, then please go through our conflict testing guide and let me know the results.

Looking forward to helping you solve this.

Cheers,
    Andras

JOHN S.
    Participant

Andras – this also happens with other newly created posts. It is a conflict with the “Display Avatars” plugin. ON my site, ctri.club, Avatars presupposed to appear on posts. We want to see them. Venus are also posts so the display avatars thinks its supposed to display an avatar. How do we block or prevent this.
    See my June 16th post & Jennifers reply of sam date.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello John,

You will need to dig into the code of the Display Avatars plugin.

If you add this line to wp-content\plugins\display-avatars\wp-display-avatars.php:

if ( tribe_is_event_query() ) return $text;

like this:

function displayPostAuthor($text = null) {
    if (!in_the_loop()) return $text;
    if (is_page()) return $text;
    if ( tribe_is_event_query() ) return $text;

That should remove the avatars from the pages where events are present. Note though that if the Display Avatars plugin ever gets updated, this modification will be lost.

Since the Display Avatars plugin is a third party plugin we cannot provide support for it. If you need further enhancements, then I suggest you to get in touch with the plugin author.

Let me know if that solves it for you.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Venue Info not displaying as it should’ is closed to new replies.