Venue 404 Error with Pretty Permalinks

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Venue 404 Error with Pretty Permalinks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    adamburn
    Participant

Hello,

I’m not sure how to handle this. My whole site is situated with Pretty Permalinks and all of them work except for Venues. I shifted all permalinks back to default and then Venues links worked. How do I keep my pretty permalinks?

Thanks

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Adam,

I’d love to help with that. Do you have a page or post named “Venues”, or similar? Anything with a slug like that?

If not, then it is quite likely a conflict is happening. Could you test for conflicts by following this guide? If there is a conflict, what was it? There might be a setting we can change or something to get them to work well together.

Please let me know if you have questions or anything. Cheers!

– Brook

adamburn
    Participant

Hi Brook,

I switched to the 2013 theme and it works. I’m a novice at CSS and have spent and inordinate amount of time configuring my theme. I have read your theming guide and its not clicking in my brain just yet. Any idea how my theme could cause this? It doesn’t happen with any other plugins.

Thanks,

Adam

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Adam,

Thanks for the update. What theme are you using?

Any idea how my theme could cause this?

It seems likely that your theme is registering its own permalinks via the WP add_rewrite_rule(). I would not be surprised if it is registering “venue” for itself, thus making it directly conflict with our plugin. In the theme settings are you able to find anywhere it mentions the word “venue”? If not, can you search through the theme for anywhere it uses that function, or even mentions the word rewrite? Maybe do a case insensitive search for the word “Venue”?

Cheers!

– Brook

adamburn
    Participant

I’m using Canvas by Woothemes. Its a heavily used theme. To my knowledge I have no other references to the term “Venue”. Any search I do for “Venue” and “rewrite” pulls up nothing. Can’t find an add_rewrite_rule()? in the theme files. Any more suggestions on where to look? I do not have this issue with other plugins.

Thanks,

Adam

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Adam,

I am running out of helpful tips. Sometimes with conflicts you can narrow it down real fast. Sometimes it has to be done the hard way where you comb through the code and even the DB trying to find the problem.

I will try to reproduce that problem with the stock Canvas theme tomorrow. If it can be reproduced in the stock theme, we will contact the Canvas authors to see if they would be interested in working with us to make sure the two are compatible in the future. That might entail one of both of us releasing updates to our respective products though, so this will take time. I will let you know if I can reproduce the problem though, because it will shed a little more light on the problem you’re currently facing.

Cheers!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Since this topic has gone for a spell without an update it is being archived. If you need further assistance, feel free to open a new topic. We would be happy to help. Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Venue 404 Error with Pretty Permalinks’ is closed to new replies.