Using Ticketing System as A Vendor Application Booking?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Using Ticketing System as A Vendor Application Booking?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Teresa

Will the custom fields for the tickets allow for the creation of forms appropriate for a vendor application system such as for trade shows? If so, will the ticketing system allow for “addon” type upgrade items (table rental, electric outlets, upgraded location) and calculate the additional price of those items into the overall “ticket” price?

I’m looking at various systems right now and trying to decide on the best way to proceed.

Thanks!

Caroline

Hi there!

Thanks so much for your interest in our products! Our attendee information fields in Event Tickets Plus are completely customizable, and you can add as many as you’d like to a given fieldset, so they’d likely be a great option for what you’re describing here. Fieldsets you create can even be saved and reused as templates for future events, which can be a real time-saver if you find yourself requesting the same details for multiple shows!

Our ticketing system’s payment processing is powered by the e-commerce platform of your choosing, so we don’t support features such as optional add-ons directly–these are handled through the e-commerce platforms themselves. WooCommerce is a popular choice and has massive support for features such as these through first-party and third-party add-ons. Perhaps something like this plugin might be a good option for your needs?

I hope that helps! Let me know if you should have any other questions! 🙂

Teresa

Thank you for your response. I think that will probably work for my needs.

One more question, is it possible to have featured listings on the events calendar? I see some earlier posts (from around 2014) that say it isn’t, but maybe that feature has been added? I would like to be able to allow users to pay a fee and have their show listed at the top of the results for their category.

Caroline

Good question! We don’t have any support for this feature directly, but you could definitely build something like this using either a custom template (with help from our Themer’s Guide, and perhaps some suggestions from the support team) or one of the event widgets that comes built into Events Calendar PRO. In particular, the PRO version of the Events List widget might be a good fit–you can set it to display 1 or more events from, say, a “Featured” category of your creation, configure it to list as many details as you’d like, and place it into your page via a widgetized area or shortcode.

Do either of those suggestions sound like they might work for you? Let me know! 🙂 Thanks!

Teresa

I think that could work for my needs. Thank you!

Caroline

Glad to hear it, and you are so very welcome! 🙂 I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread since you’re all set here for now, but please don’t hesitate to reach out with a new thread if there’s anything else we can do to assist! Thanks again for stopping by!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Using Ticketing System as A Vendor Application Booking?’ is closed to new replies.