Using the Etix ticketing platform's API on Event Calendar PRO

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Using the Etix ticketing platform's API on Event Calendar PRO

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DK

We currently use the Etix ticketing platform to manage our ticketing for events. They offer an open API to access specific event details; can the event pages in Event Calendar PRO be customized to utilize this API so that relevant details about this event are pulled in from the Etix platform? Our goal here would be to allow our users to buy tickets from Etix directly from the Event Calendar PRO page. If this is not possible, is it possible to atleast show if the event has tickets available or is sold out, then link to the Etix page?

Here is a link to the Etix API: https://api.etix.com/docs/public.html

My thanks,
    DK

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi DK,

Thanks for checking out our plugins!

It is definitely possible (and pretty straightforward) to customize the events views – you can read about how this works in our themer’s guide. These articles might also be helpful:

https://theeventscalendar.com/the-events-calendar-wordpress-rest-api/

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/introduction-events-calendar-rest-api/

Using Events Calendar Pro, one way you might go about linking to tickets would be to create custom fields to display the link on the page.

You might also take a look at Event Tickets, Event Tickets Plus, or Eventbrite Tickets, which will allow you to sell tickets on your site (or display them on your site and sell them through Eventbrite in the case of Eventbrite Tickets).

Please note that you would need to do any integrations yourself, as we are not able to provide much assistance in the way of custom coding (you can read more about what support is provided for premium license holders here). Unfortunately I can’t provide any definite information on how our plugins will work with this platform, but provided you can get the information that you need from your ticketing platform’s API, you should be able to add it to our plugins via some custom coding.

We do offer full refunds within 30 days of purchase, so if you’d like to take Events Calendar Pro for a test run, feel free to do so! I would also recommend installing our free plugin, The Events Calendar, on a testing site, as Events Calendar Pro extends that functionality.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

DK

Hello Jennifer,
    Thank you for the response here. I understand that you provide an API so that other applications may access the wordpress data contained by the sites that include Events Calendar plugin. My question is if the events pages from Event Calendar can be customized to include an API call that uses the existing ETIX Rest API to call data from the ETIX application and serve it on the Events Calendar page. I do understand that the Event Calendar event pages can be customized to include a special link to the outside ticketing platform; but can they be used to actually call out to the platform and return a specific piece of data from Etix… for example, could it return whether or not the event is sold out. We must go in this direction if we are to move forward, as we will not be changing our ticketing provider. Please advise if you have any insight on this, as it would be vital in order for us to move forward w/ the Event Calendar plugin.
    my thanks,
    David

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi David,

As long as the ETIX API provides the information that you want to include (you would need to review their API to make sure), there should be no problem accessing it (via code that you would need to write) and passing it to our templates (via template overrides or by hooking into any actions that might work for you) to display on the events pages. If you’re asking whether or not you can make these calls directly from within your copy of the templates – there shouldn’t be any problem doing so.

I hope that clears things up, but please let me know if not!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Using the Etix ticketing platform's API on Event Calendar PRO’ is closed to new replies.