Using Events Calendar Pro to Import Venues – Exceeding maximum query limit

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Using Events Calendar Pro to Import Venues – Exceeding maximum query limit

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Marian
    Participant

HI, I am not sure how to explain this situation. It seems to be a continuation of the problem I had last year. So here is the situation. I was using a CSV file to import locations. During the import, WordPress reset to the please install ‘WordPress What language would you like’ screen. After a while the screen reset and I would add information again. I contacted my provider “Globat/EIG http://www.endurance.com/our-company/our-brands. Tech Support at Globat said there was a problem with the plug in, gave me a post number to check and correct.

Here is their text: By default the maximum query limit set for each user of the database on our server is 75000/hour. If the database user from which the website is fetching the data exceeds this query limit, then you will experience issues with the respective website and database. This query limit will reset to zero for every one hour. However, once the database user exceeds query limit, then you should have to wait one hour for the proper functionality of the website.

Now I have a whole lot of stuff to import, is there any plug in or advice that you can give me to help me trouble shoot this problem? I want to get ahead of this issue. Thank you. Marian

Geoff B.

Good evening Marian and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the issues with your web host’s query limit.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

If you don’t mind, as a first step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

That being said, apparently what is going on is that your website (through our plugin, a customization to it or the sheer number of visitors on your site) is doing too many Database queries to your web host’s liking.

There are a couple of things you could probably do:

1. Switch to a web host or plan that does not have such limitations
    2. Install a plugins such as https://wordpress.org/plugins/query-monitor/ to get a sense of where the queries are coming from
    3. Use our Enable the Month View Cache option in Events -> Settings -> Display
    4. Use a full fledged WordPress caching solution such as W3 Total Cache or Event Rocket

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Marian
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Hey Marian,

Thank you for your answer and for providing the requested info.

Would you mind sending me a copy of the csv file in question as well as a copy of your WordPress theme / Child Theme in a .zip file (in a private reply) so that I can run some tests please ?

Have a good week-end,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Using Events Calendar Pro to Import Venues – Exceeding maximum query limit’ is closed to new replies.