Using Events Calendar as a shared calendar / not for public use

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Using Events Calendar as a shared calendar / not for public use

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    John W

Our company travels to several different trade shows throughout the year. We are thinking that we could use ‘The Events Calendar’ plugin to allow our Office manager to set up each show in the system at the beginning of the year so that the employees that work the shows could go in and ‘register’ for an event and then provide their hotel/air/travel information back to system. This would alleviate the current need for each employee to sync their calendars into one google calendar that provides an overview calendar to our CEO’s.

We would also prefer that each team member have the option to view the overview calendar displayed to look for open dates and be able to click on the calendar and enter any new trade show that may not have been originally planned for. We would like for this option to be available only to our internal staff as we are not really looking to create a booking site at this time. ( I did read the knowledge base ‘Making a Members-Only’ section and we do have the programming capability of adding this 🙂 )

I am sorry if this was answered somewhere in the knowledge base, I did search through the posts and articles but just wanted to confirm if we did purchase the plugin that this could in fact work as we hope. If there is just send me the link. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Caroline

Hi John,

Thanks so much for your interest in our plugins! 🙂 It sounds like you’re off to a great start with setting up a shared private calendar, having already reviewed our Knowledgebase article on members-only calendars. The remainder of your listed requirements may be achievable once you’ve set up the members-only functionality to your liking, though it’s worth noting that bookings as you describe here (where specific slots can be reserved, as opposed to RSVPs or tickets that are just associated with a given event) are not currently supported by our plugins. As such, any implementation that includes this feature–and especially all of your requirements–is likely to require a significant degree of custom development.

We do offer a full 30-day refund policy for all of our plugins, so you’re more than welcome to purchase any needed plugins for your setup and begin work on customizations to see if they might meet your needs! If you should find they’re not the right fit for whatever reason, we’ll be happy to process a refund for you upon request.

I hope that helps to answer some of your questions here! Thanks again, and let me know if there’s anything else that I can do to assist!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Using Events Calendar as a shared calendar / not for public use’ is closed to new replies.