Using a QR scan app on which i can import the tickets' code to work offline

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Using a QR scan app on which i can import the tickets' code to work offline

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Stéphane TRAULLE
    Participant

Hello Guys,

I just finished my first events with your modules, so far, i’m very satisfied w it

I have a question regarding the check in management at the entrance of the events.

I would like, before the event, to be able to export a CSV file of the attendees and load it on a QR scan app that would allow me to work offline and way faster

i clearly see the limitations of such process and that my attendees’ information would not be accurate, but the gain of time it could bring me is priceless at this point

Would you recommend a QR scanning app that will support this ?

Thanks in advance

Best
    Stéphane Traullé

Cliff

Hi.

We’ve heard good things about Quickmark, which is mentioned at https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-qr-codes-event-tickets-plus/ (third-party, not guaranteed or supported by us)

Additionally, you could request this as a new feature (or maybe search to see if the idea was already posted by someone else) at our plugins’ UserVoice page.

This allows others who are interested in that feature to easily voice their support. We frequently review suggestions there to find out which ones are popular, then we implement as many of them as we can.

If you post it / find it, feel free to link to it from here in case anyone comes across this forum thread in the future.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Stéphane TRAULLE
    Participant

Ok i solved this

I found how to extract the ticket_id (only) from the export feature from the attendees list thanks to these forum thread here :

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/ticket-id-in-qr-code/
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/qr-code-snippet-update/

i use “Scan to Spreadsheet” app on iphone where i load the list of ticket_id’s as “Look up” list

i tell the app (in the settings) to cut 50 characters in the beginning of the URL and 15 in the end just to have the ticket_id

when i scan a ticket, it now compares the ticket_id scanned w the list of “allowed” ticket_ids i previously loaded

I know it’s not ideal but it solves my problem and i can now scan offline and go WAY faster

i can explain more the process if anyone is interested, i think that should really be on the next features cause the check in system you propose is way to slow for large events w high number of attendees

i close that thread as resolved

Thanks

Cliff

Thanks very much for sharing!

Is https://berrywing.com/scan-to-spreadsheet-app/ the one you’re using?

Please do share more about this so we can possibly include it on our KB article for others.

Stéphane TRAULLE
    Participant

Hello Cliff

Yes, that one.

If you need i can write a complete ‘How To’

Cliff

You’re welcome to share as much as you want, but a quick overview is probably all we’d mention in the article.

Thanks for whatever you decide to share.

Stéphane TRAULLE
    Participant

Hello Cliff

I might need your help one last time

My new process is working well on 90% of my event

BUT, having only the ticket_id in the attendees.csv could be limited in some cases

Would it be possible to help me add the corresponding lines in the script you were providing in the Forum so i would be able to have all the info i need in the CSV file ?

At the moment, only the ticket_id are in the document but i would need :

ticket_id
    first name ticket holder
    Last name ticket holder
    Name of the ticket

(so, 4 columns instead of a single one at the moment)

With this i would be able to manage ALL configuration

Thanks a lot

Here is the script i found in your forum (where i need to have the values i wrote above)

add_action( 'tribe_events_tickets_generate_filtered_attendees_list', 'tec_extend_ticket_export' );
    /**
     * Extend the ticket export to include the Ticket ID for each of the tickets
     */
    function tec_extend_ticket_export( $event_id ) {

if ( !is_admin() ) return;

$screen      = get_current_screen();
    	$screen_base = $screen->base;

$filter_name = "manage_{$screen_base}_columns";

add_filter( $filter_name, 'tec_add_ticket_id_column', 20 );
    	add_filter( 'tribe_events_tickets_attendees_table_column', 'tec_populate_ticket_id_column', 10, 3 );

}

function tec_add_ticket_id_column( $columns ) {

if ( !is_admin() ) return $columns;

$columns = array();
    	$columns['ticket_id'] = 'Ticket ID';

return $columns;
    }

function tec_populate_ticket_id_column( $existing, $item, $column ) {

if ( !is_admin() ) return $existing;

if( $column == 'ticket_id' ) {
    		return $item['attendee_id'];
    	}

return $existing;

}

add_filter( 'tribe_events_tickets_attendees_csv_export_columns', 'tec_add_ticket_id_column' );

Many thanks in advance

Stéphane

Adam
    Participant

Hi Stéphane,

I am currently contracting a programmer to link the Events Calendar/Event Tickets Plus API to the Qflow API (http://www.getqflow.com/contact). I hope to open it up for all ETP users as a paid plugin at some stage, but would you be interested in testing it out once it’s ready?

Warm regards,

Adam

Cliff

Adam, thanks for sharing your idea.

Stéphane, I found that snippet at https://gist.github.com/niconerd/914d8ca5603b648f1db0fc790b3b4910

If I’m understanding you correctly, that snippet works fine but it exports only the Ticket ID column in the CSV. Instead, because you want First name ticket holder, Last name ticket holder, and Name of the ticket added to the export, how about we just leave the original CSV as-is (already has all that data) and then add the Ticket ID column? Here’s the code for that:

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/a3c9da35e1b4e7ca2236374c802359eb

(All I really did was remove the $columns = array(); part.)

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Stéphane TRAULLE
    Participant

That’s exactly what i was looking for

Now i can scan offline by loading the CSV to my QR scan app and i can see for every scan the name and ticket associated

Thanks a lot for your help Cliff !

Adam
    Participant

Thanks Cliff, this is great.

What would I have to change the above code to, to have that column display the full ticket check-in URL instead of just ticket id? I imagine just a simple concatenate.. However I’m not familiar with php!

Cliff

Glad to help!

Adding that URL is a little more complex because the methods that create the link are private and therefore the way to recreate them wouldn’t stay current if those methods change. In other words, we could hard-code it for how it works today but it could be fairly susceptible to breaking in the future.

That being said, you can reference the _get_link() method in /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/Tribe/QR.php and that might point you toward what you’re looking for.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Using a QR scan app on which i can import the tickets' code to work offline’ is closed to new replies.