ticket id in QR Code

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus ticket id in QR Code

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Math
    Participant

Hi

How do i download the attendee csv file with the ticket id embedded on the QR code? I only need the ticket ids not the rest of the details like name, security code e.t.c.
    I’ll be exporting the ticket ids to my barcode scanner app.

Thanks.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Math,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I’m not sure I follow exactly what you’re looking for on this one. Are you wanting a modified version of the link embedded with the QR code? For example, a QR code that just goes to example.com/?ticket_id=1″ rather than also including the event id there?

Or are you looking for just a CSV file that just lists the ticket IDs?

Thanks!

Math
    Participant

Hi josh

I’m looking for a CSV file that just lists the ticket id.

Math
    Participant

Just to add, i still want the current form of the attendee list. The ticket id csv file is exporting to my barcode scanner app. The reason being i won’t be checking in from the admin but from app’s server.
    I hope this makes sense.

Math
    Participant

Below is a message i got from the barcode scanner app developer. He sent this after i had failed scanning the QR codes.

“This is what is embedded in the QR Code:

http://www.ticketjoint.co.za?event_qr_code=1&ticket_id=1682&event_id=1622

This shows the ticket = 1682.

You must import a database that has in column one just the ticket IDs
    (for example ‘1682’) and nothing else. We can then create a script to
    parse out the ticket ID when scanned.

In your database you imported:

1625,completed,”math
    mpofu”,[email protected],VIP,JOTL-1,064e4680ae,

That doesn’t match what’s embedded in the QR code so it will be
    invalid”.

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for following up here and clarifying!

So you just need a CSV file with a single column showing the ticket ID (order ID in this case from the CSV columns).

You could filter the default export, however it may be best to keep that functionality intact in case you wanted to use the information anywhere else.

The simplest alternative here would be to import the current CSV export into a program such as Excel or Google Sheets and delete all the columns except for that first “Order #” column. You could then export that updated file as a new CSV file.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Math
    Participant

I want the ticket id embedded on the barcode not the order number because if one buys more than one ticket the order numbers are the same.

It’s the unique ticket id that the barcode scanner picks up.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Math,

I did some further digging here and can verify that the current QR Code does use a unique Ticket ID rather than the general Order ID.

This Ticket ID is tied to the “tribe_wooticket” post that is created for each ticket when a customer purchases from your site.

For example, I made a demo purchase of two tickets. The order # was “15545” and the two QR code links generated were:

http://tec.dev?event_qr_code=1&ticket_id=15546&event_id=15472

http://tec.dev?event_qr_code=1&ticket_id=15547&event_id=15472

The ticket_id is a unique ID for each individual ticket created. Could the check-in app be used to work off of that rather than the ticket #? Customization to modify that URL would currently be something that is beyond what we’re typically able to provide in our support forums here.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Math
    Participant

Hi Josh

So is there a way to access ticket ids from the admin area?

Josh
    Participant

Hey Math,

There isn’t by default, however it could be pulled from the database. Alternatively, you could extend the attendees table to include this value, however it would require a little bit of customization.

How are you needing the information to send over, as part of the export or just visible in the admin? I can help you get pointed in the right direction depending on how you best need the information.

Thanks!

Math
    Participant

Hi Josh

I’ll like the information as part of the export as this make it easy to manage big events.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Math,

Try adding the following to your theme’s functions.php file and let me know if this works for you here:

https://gist.github.com/773a4de258cdfd4bc0913dd6e163c88a

Thanks!

Math
    Participant

Hi Josh

Thanks for the code. We’ll give it a try with scanner app guys, but as far i’m concerned this is what they asked for so there should be no problem.

lets leave the topic open for a few days while we test.

Thanks a lot.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Math,

Sounds good! Let me know if that ends up working for you and the scanner app.

Thanks!

Math
    Participant

Hi Josh

I’m back again. We’ve done the testing and your code works fine. Thanks for that. BUT we realised that when having a large event/s it’ll be diffucult if not impossible to try and delete the other details from the exported csv to remain with just the ticket id. e.g for for 40 000 attendees.

May you please tweak your snippet so it only exports the ticket id.

Your assistance is much appreciated.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘ticket id in QR Code’ is closed to new replies.