Users can create new Organizers even when it's set not to

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Users can create new Organizers even when it's set not to

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mackie
    Participant

It seems like the feature to stop community users from not creating new Organizers is not functioning.

I have the checkboxes set so they should not be able to create a new Organizer, but still on the create event form the placeholder text says “create or select…” and if you start typing it allows you create a new one.

Screenshot of settings:
    https://www.evernote.com/l/AAbyzpCjEX5CeI91BWAUqKmqrat4WYBkO7U

It seems to be a bug related to user roles / access. If I “allow anonymous submissions” then the ability to create a new event is blocked if logged out, as it should.

Further testing showed me that the ONLY way to prevent LOGGED IN users from creating new Organizers is to set that user’s role as “Subscriber”. For subscribers it works as it should…. but even if I change them to a “Contributer” they are then allowed to create new Organizers when they should not be able to according to your checkboxes.

This is a problem because we have users that need to be at least Authors… how can we fix this so Authors do not have access to create new Organizers?

I tested this on a fresh local install, nothing but Events Calendar plugins installed, default WP theme. I don’t have it on a public server for testing but can send you a zip of my local setup.

Hunter

Hello and welcome 🙂

Thank you for taking the time to elaborate on the issue you’re experiencing and testing on a fresh local install. Before we go down any rabbit holes, can you please review our Admin roles and permissions tutorial to see if any information helps solve the riddle you’re dealing with? And is this all happening on the latest versions? Have you noticed any difference when downgrading to past versions? If so, share which version(s) the issue appears to arise.

We have a known issue which I feel might be related, but until I hear back I cannot say for certain. Let me know and we’ll go from there. Thanks again and have a great rest of your day!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Mackie,

Thank you for taking the time to rate your experience.
    We are sorry to hear that your support experience has not been up to your expectations so far.

You make a great point. Several of our users prefer to use email instead instead of the forums.

Although there is no current plan to offer email support, we do offer the next best thing: our forum sends emails for each thread update AND provides ability to respond by email directly.

If, for some reason, you did not receive an email as part of the process, it is possible that our reply got filtered and sent to your “Junk Mail” folder instead. Would you mind checking that ?

Aside from that, we will gladly continue to help you get to the bottom of your issue.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Users can create new Organizers even when it's set not to’ is closed to new replies.