User-Specific Events Based on Survey / Profile

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO User-Specific Events Based on Survey / Profile

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tyler
    Participant

Hello All,

Newbie here… I searched high and low for this topic, but haven’t found any answers that I understood clearly. Sorry if this has already been covered.

I’m planning on using a Facebook sign in on my website. After users have registered for the site, I would like for them to fill out a simple survey expressing what types of events they are interested in attending (correlating to my event categories). My current plan is to just have a check-box style survey (let me know if that’s not a good idea). After I’ve gathered that information, I would like to present each user with a calendar that only contains events within categories which they have expressed interested in. Also, this would mean that anyone trying to access my events calendar would need to be signed in to view anything at all.

Is this doable? If so, what is the best way to go about doing it?

Thanks!

George
    Participant

Hey Tyler,

This is certainly doable, but would require a healthy amount of custom code. We unfortunately cannot help with that, but I’m happy to give as much advice as possible and lay out what sort of things are required for this to be realized:

1. The taxonomy for “event categories” is registered as “tribe_events_cat” within WordPress.

2. You can display terms from Event Categories as checkbox options in the form.

3. Based on their selection, you can redirect users to the Events page with various categories selected via the URL. You can use the functions wp_redirect() and add_query_arg() to do this.

4. This should lead to a properly-filtered calendar view based on their selection.

Now, there’s of course a whole bunch of code in between each of these key steps which you’d have to write, or hire someone to write, but these basic steps are what’s needed to achieve this.

If you’re interested in finding a customizer, you can find a list of oft-recommended ones here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/

Thanks!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘User-Specific Events Based on Survey / Profile’ is closed to new replies.