User cannot see event details unless logged in

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events User cannot see event details unless logged in

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Justin Yapp
    Participant

I am using the TicketBox Theme by DawnThemes which is out the box compatible with The Events Calendar plugin. My problem is, when a guest visits an events detail page, http://[website name]/event/[event name], they cannot see any details unless they are logged in. Is there a way to allow users to see events and select tickets, but trigger a login prompt when they try to add to cart?

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Justin,

I’m happy to help out here and to provide some clarity. 🙂

Unfortunately, even though our plugins may be bundled themes by theme developers,  we don’t guarantee 100% compatibility with any themes except the WordPress default themes.

That said, I’d like you to take a couple of steps for me so that I can better help you:

-First, if you could please test for conflicts by following this documentation? Let me know what you find. This will help me determine how deeply we need to look into the specific configuration of your site, or if this is a bug. 🙂
    -Can you send me a link to your site so I can see this firsthand? I can often be more helpful in giving solutions to problems I can see and interact with.

Thanks!

Shelby 🙂

Justin Yapp
    Participant

Good evening Shelby,

I have followed your instructions and yes, indeed there is a conflict with the Ticket Box Theme. When I switch back to the default Word Press Theme it displays everything just fine. How would you advise me to go about resolving this issue with this theme?

Thank you

Justin Yapp
    Participant

Just a little more information on this. The Website URL is https://yaadievents.com if you would like to see the issue first hand. Also I did a little debugging with Google Chrome Browser Console and I noticed an error with tickets.min.js that pops up only when the user is not logged in. Please see attached image

Shelby
    Participant

Hey Justin,

Thanks for providing that additional detail! 🙂

So, officially, we don’t support theme conflicts, but here’s what I would suggest:

1. Reach out to their theme support, especially if they bundled or advertised compatibility with our plugins. 🙂
    2. We have this free extension that has the ability to dequeue CSS and scripts, which might help resolve the conflict if you can dequeue the javascript that you are experiencing a conflict with. Anything that can’t be dequeue’d with this extension, is essential, and will need to be resolved by the theme developer.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help you out here!

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘User cannot see event details unless logged in’ is closed to new replies.