Upgrading to WP 3.4.2

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Upgrading to WP 3.4.2

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Smitty

I am testing upgrading to WP 3.4.2 using a version of Events Calendar Pro that we purchased in Sept. 2010. I am getting numerous errors (as expected). The site on which the plugin is running has a lot of existing events in database.

How do I go about getting an update? (Do I need to purchase or is there a free download?) And – what is update process that will ensure that all of existing event data flows to the updated plugin? Is it a seamless process or things to watch for? Please advise. Thanks. (Apologies if this is covered somewhere else in this forum!)

Leah

Hi Smitty,

It sounds like your license key is outdated, which you’d need to renew to get our automatic upgrades. The upgrade process is smooth and maintains all existing events, although we always recommend that you backup all your data before doing it.

Does that answer your questions? Let me know if there’s anything else I can do for you. Thanks for your support!

Cheers,
    Leah

Aaron Smith
    Participant

Leah – thanks for the note. I just bought in on the new ECPro, activated, and all of the old events – presto – appeared. Excellent. One question, however: with the previous version, when we wanted to display upcoming events of a certain category (for example theatre events) we used this URL:

http://domain.org/events/category/events-theatre/?post_type=sp_events&eventDisplay=upcoming

Using that URL structure now results in numerous errors on the resulting page:
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$ID in …/html/wp-includes/query.php on line 3349
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$post_title in …/html/wp-includes/query.php on line 3351
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$post_name in …/html/wp-includes/query.php on line 3353
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$post_parent in …html/wp-includes/post-template.php on line 1040
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$post_type in …html/wp-includes/query.php on line 3460

How do I now display upcoming events of a certain category?

Thanks again!

Leah

Hey Aaron,

Can you confirm for me that you are running both the latest version of WordPress (3.4.2) and of ECP (2.0.9), and that you have pretty permalinks enabled under Settings –> Permalinks?

Thanks,
    Leah

Smitty

Yes. Just confirmed: WP 3.4.2 and ECP 2.0.9 (both downloaded and installed in the last few days.) And, yes Permalinks are enabled. The full calendar is visible at domain.com/events as expected…just getting all kinds of errors on the category display pages. (Both the “upcoming” events URL noted above, and at /events/category/events-theatre/2012-12/ – When viewing the calendar displaying at this link, events do display within the calendar, but this error appears above: Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$post_type in …/html/wp-includes/query.php on line 3460

I also just deactivated other plugins one-at-a-time and re-tried these pages…the errors above didn’t cease. (One redirection plugin actually added another error message, so we are looking for replacement for that as well.)

Thoughts?

Smitty

Leah – I may have figured it out. wp-config.php had debug set to “true”. Switching to “false” eliminates the error messages, and calendar and all seem to be working fine. If you think those error messages above are legit and should be looked into, let me know. Otherwise we will press forward. Thanks! -A-

Leah

Hey Smitty,

It sounds like that was likely the issue. But if you have any other concerns or questions, don’t hesitate to start a new thread in our Pro forum (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/forum/events/events-calendar-pro/).

Thanks,
    Leah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Upgrading to WP 3.4.2’ is closed to new replies.