Upgrading to Event Caledar Pro makes events disappear on front end.

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Upgrading to Event Caledar Pro makes events disappear on front end.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Roy Arne Hansen
    Participant

I see this has been a problem before but the fix for that ticket is not working for us.

We recently performed an upgrade from Event Calendar to The Event Calendar Pro on this client website: http://norsktrafikksikring.no/kommende-kurs/. This was done just after the release of a new website and we were trying to move the Pro license from the old site to the new site.

Upon doing that, all events stopped displaying on the front end. Events are still showing in the admin section, but nothing displays on front end. We later rolled back to free version since this is a live site.

There are no obvious settings which are incorrectly set.

We are runnning WP 4.9 and 4.6.5 of Event Calendar and 4.4.19 of Event Calendar Pro (that we tried to upgrade to)

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Roy!

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Let me help you troubleshoot that issue.

Just to confirm I understand the issue correctly, did the events stopped showing up after updating Events Calendar PRO or after activating it?

We always suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can test things out and make all plugins, theme and WordPress core updates without disrupting the live site. We also encourage to make a full <u>backup</u> of your site, both database and files so in case something goes wrong you can always restore your site.

Do you have a dev/staging site where we can see the issue?

Could you please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG ? This will create a debug.log file inside the /wp-content directory.

After that, try navigating to the site where the events are not showing a few times, so that in case there is an error, it will be saved into the debug.log file. Please share that log file with us so we can see if any problem from there.

Additionally, this could be related to a theme or plugin conflict, so to narrow the problem down please go through the steps provided in the testing for conflicts guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/ and let us know what you find in the process.

Thanks,
    Victor

Roy Arne Hansen
    Participant

After upgrading all plugins on the server incluing PHP we were able to upgrade to Event Calendar pro without loosing the content from the front end.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Roy!

Glad to know you could solve the issue. Thanks for following up to let us know about it.

I’ll close this now, but feel free to open a new topic if anything comes up and we’ll be happy to help.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Upgrading to Event Caledar Pro makes events disappear on front end.’ is closed to new replies.