Upgrade to 4.4 and new recurring rules messing up events in the calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Upgrade to 4.4 and new recurring rules messing up events in the calendar

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Lucy
    Participant

Hello,

I updated to 4.4, and then when i edited a few event, changing just the title or times – the event disappeared from my calendar.

When i went back into the post to have look i saw that with the new release the recurring event rule dropdowns are different – and they were setting to not recur on different days but just the same day (you n ow need to select” Different day) – so this is why the event was not showing on my calendar except on 1 day.

So should i go into every event post and check the recurring rules to make sure they are still right , with the new rule options?

Thanks
    Lucy

Cliff

Hi, Lucy.

There’s currently a bug in the recurrence data migrated from pre-4.4 to 4.4

We know of “every week” recurrences and “daily” recurrences that didn’t get ported over fully (just partially).

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Lucy
    Participant

Hello,

I have just updating my Events calendar and Events calendar Pro plugins to what I guess has the fix for my above problem.

Some of my events still don’t show the full recurring event rules (or Event series as they are now called) – please see attached screenshot – this vent occurs each week at the same time 0 but the Event series options are not set to this, they do not show whether the event is weekly, monthly etc – only the dropdown for ‘Every’ is set to 1.

Do I need to go into all my events and reset the event series rules now?

Thanks
    Lucy

Cliff

Lucy, the bug you’re affected by was not part of this week’s plugin updates but is tentatively scheduled for a near-term one.

This thread will get an update once this bug fix is released.

Lucy
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

Ok so in the meantime do I need to re-add in all my event series / recurring rules when I go to edit an event?

Thanks
    Lucy

Lucy
    Participant

Hello, I have just tried to add some new recurring events to my website, but the button for Event Series: Schedule multiple events is not working at all now…nothing happens when i click it. I need to add some recurring events to my calendar that start soon, and I can’t add them as single events as i display each event added in a page which is an overview of all events, so if i add them as single events that event will be repeated on this overview page:

http://www.omyogaworks.co.uk/classes/

What shall I do in the meantime before the next release to fix the bug is ready?

Waiting for your response as my client will not be happy with me if I can’t use the calendar until the fix is released!

Thanks
    Lucy

Lucy
    Participant

P.S – what would happen if i reverted back to the older version of the ECP plugin before the issue with recurring events?

Thanks

Lucy
    Participant

Update: I usually use Chrome browser but thought i’d try Firefox in case the button wasn’t working in just some browsers – and it foes work In Firefox so I was able to add new recurring events.

So, if you could please just confirm whether for existing events where the recurring rules have disappeared with the update to 4.4; if i need to edit other info on these events shall I also just add back in the event series info, so i don’t get my original issue as above where these events disappear from the timetable?

Many thanks!
    Lucy

Cliff

Lucy, if it’s working in Firefox but not Chrome, please use Firefox until the bug is fixed, which should be within a couple weeks. Again, I’m very sorry about this.

Could you also try it in Chrome and see if there are any console errors at your site? If there are, see if the same ones are in Firefox. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Lucy
    Participant

Hello, I have just updated the Event Calendar Pro plugin to 4.4.1, and the new recurring events / event series are still not working right. I know you said earlier on in this thread that the next update would be tackling the bugs in the new event series settings.

If i go into an event that runs weekly for the next 3 months, i only see ! in the Every: dropdown, but no tab selected for Daily, weekly etc, and no Show / Hide details to see the recurring rules.

I’m scared to update any of my events as last time i did this the recurring rules were disappearing and things were being removed from my calendar – please let me know what I should do?

Thanks
    Lucy

Lucy
    Participant

Update: i’ve just updated again – to 4.2.2 – and the problem is still happening.

Thanks

Cliff

Lucy, this bug fix has not yet been released.

Please refer back to my previous replies stating this thread will receive an update once the bug fix is released (not that this bug fix would be in the next update).

I know it can be frustrating waiting for bug fixes (whether this one or another), but on any given day we already have plans a few weeks out for the next release(s), plus our developers are always juggling the priority of various bugs that are newly discovered.

https://theeventscalendar.com/release-schedule/ may provide some additional context, but what I’ve stated in this thread is specific to this issue.

We really do appreciate your understanding and patience. I do hope this is fixed soon for you.

Lucy
    Participant

Hi Cliff, thanks for your message, and apologies if I’m sounded impatient- I just need to know whether I can make any updates to my clients website whilst we wait for the bug fix, as their whole business is based on the event calendar.
    Many thanks,
    Lucy

Cliff

I understand.

Assuming all goes well, I’d guess a fix for this should be released within 2-3 weeks. Again, no guarantees.

Nico

Hey,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 12th June 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue ?

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-12th-june-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Upgrade to 4.4 and new recurring rules messing up events in the calendar’ is closed to new replies.