Updating from Events Calendar Pro 1.3 to version 2.0.11

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Updating from Events Calendar Pro 1.3 to version 2.0.11

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Julie LeHouillier
    Participant

Hi!

I updated my multi-site installation to 3.5.1. Following some bugs seen by our client, I tried to update the plugin to version 2.0.11. I tried installing Event Calendar Pro and then The Events Calendar as suggested by WordPress, but then I lost all of the events.

Is there any way to update from 1.3 to 2.0.11 without any hurts?

Thanks,

Yves

Barry

My understanding is you would need to update via 1.3.3 first of all (if you email us at [email protected] we can supply you with a copy of that version).

Generally speaking, frequent and incremental updates are better than large jumps between versions – though I appreciate that isn’t always possible.

Julie LeHouillier
    Participant

Thanks for your help Barry; I wrote at [email protected] to get the 1.3.3 version.

Will I need to install other versions before going for 2.0.11?

Barry

My understanding is that you should be ok so long as you go through 1.3.3. I’ll look out for your email and reply with a link to 1.3.3.

Jenna
    Participant

Just for clarity, does this mean if we are running v2.09 of the events calendar we can perform the recommended update from our WP plugin dashboard to v2.0.11 and not run into any problems or lose anything (so long as we didn’t modify any code from the plugin previously), yes?

Furthermore, we’re also using FB Events v1.0.2….. I see there is an update available now that should fix the timezone issues we’ve had, but I am weary to move forward with it because we have a lot of events already up and do not want to lose the work. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Barry

Just for clarity, does this mean if we are running v2.09 of the events calendar we can perform the recommended update from our WP plugin dashboard to v2.0.11 and not run into any problems or lose anything (so long as we didn’t modify any code from the plugin previously), yes?

We can’t offer any cast-iron guarantees here, but I wouldn’t anticipate any problems especially if you have not made any customizations. However, as always the best procedure is to back-up (and know how to restore that back-up) and ideally test things out in a staging or development area first of all.

Furthermore, we’re also using FB Events v1.0.2….. I see there is an update available now that should fix the timezone issues we’ve had

The best thing here would be to post in the Facebook forum – our expert for that particular add-on will then be able to help you out with this question 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Updating from Events Calendar Pro 1.3 to version 2.0.11’ is closed to new replies.