Updates causes List View to show only one old event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Updates causes List View to show only one old event

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Annette
    Participant

Hi,
    I am finally getting back to this issue on an old forum post at https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/4-4-4-updates-caused-list-view-to-show-only-one-old-event/ about conflict with my Ait City Guide Theme on our website at https://idahohighcountry.org/events/.

George said “The best thing we can do from our end is to at least try and take a look at your theme’s code to see if we can spot the problem. We cannot offer support for products we do not make, and so I cannot guarantee any sort of useful outcome of this; but I am happy to take a look and see if, in a half hour or so of testing and debugging, I can spot the problem and recommend a temporary fix.” I have uploaded the Ait Theme to my Google Drive at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1d0n7lhZsd8gEIrafVcR4TLTKUV2y6tot.

I tried updating Events Calendar Pro again last week and it still causes my List View to show only one past event so restored my back up. I am asking for help again because my Events Pro subscription for $247.00 is coming up on February 22 and I need to decide if I should switch to Ait Themes Events Calendar Pro instead of renewing. I can’t stop using their theme because the work to change themes and transfer hundreds of listings to a new theme is too expensive. I only have about 100 events that I would need to transfer to a new Event plugin.

Please let me know if anyone is willing to look into the conflict and help me fix it. Otherwise I will not be able to renew my subscription. Their theme website is at https://www.ait-themes.club/wordpress-themes/cityguide/?_ga=2.240604355.1518216170.1515183363-1594392687.1511286868.
    Thanks so much for your help!
    Southeast Idaho High Country

Hi Annette,

Thanks so much for reaching back out!

I am seeing an error that indicates that Google Maps API has been included multiple times, which can cause unexpected errors.  As a first step here, would you mind ensuring that the API is only included in one place.  Sometimes you enter your key in your theme, and in our plugin, and possibly other plugins as well.

After doing so, please retest with the latest versions of our plugins to see if your issue still exists.  If it does, I’d be happy to try to replicate your issue with your theme.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Annette
    Participant

Hi,
    I tried removing the Google Map API code from the template but the maps on the listings wouldn’t work. I deleted it from TEC settings and your maps quit working. It has to be entered twice. Either way it did not fix the Events Calendar problem. What did you use to view the errors? I would like to see the error code.
    Please try to replicate the issue. I know it is in not just my website because I have another one running both the theme and your calendar plug in and it does exactly the same thing.
    Thanks again!

Annette
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Annette,

Thanks for providing me with this information!

Can you confirm that everything works as expected if you switch to a default theme, like ‘Twentyseventeen’?

I know you may have gone through these steps previously, but since it has been a while since you have worked on the issue, I just want to lay the groundwork before moving forward.

If that is the case, could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.

This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Annette
    Participant

Hi again,
    I found the error on Chrome’s Developer panel. I removed my Google Map API from the theme, TEC and every other plugin I could find. It still go the error! It must be hard coded into my website somewhere but I cannot find it anywhere. I re-enabled it on the theme only and it is working on TEC now.
    That still didn’t solve the problem on https://bearlake.org/calendar/. Please keep me informed on your progress. I need to get it fixed or switch to a different events plugin before Feb 20th.
    Thanks again!

Annette
    Participant

Hi,
    I just read your latest reply. I uploaded the latest version of my theme to https://drive.google.com/open?id=1d0n7lhZsd8gEIrafVcR4TLTKUV2y6tot.
    I can’t test the site right now because I have too many people viewing it. I will try it tonight when there are fewer people on it. It worked a week ago using the twenty seventeen template. When I switch templates I will see if the “You have included the Google Maps API multiple times on this page. This may cause unexpected error” is still there.
    Thanks for your help!

Hi Annette,

Thanks for providing me with your theme.  Although I cannot make any guarantees, as this is slightly beyond the scope of support that we can provide, as per our Support Policy, I will do my best to point you in the right direction.

I took a look at your theme, and it looks like you can enter the Google Maps API by going to Theme Admin < Theme Options on your Dashboard.  Can you remove it from there (if it is there)?  You should still have it set up in your Event Settings.

Thanks,

Jaime

Annette
    Participant

When I remove it from from the theme none of the maps in the listings work. I can’t have them not working because 90% of our pages show maps. So right now I have it entered in TEC and the theme.
    I am curious to know why the error shows different versions:

You have included the Google Maps API multiple times on this page. This may cause unexpected errors.
    uh @ js?key=AIzaSyAzV1ZAUdb3tygjZhwVsxgQpg7sL4RhjJs&ver=4.9.2:98
    (anonymous) @ js?key=AIzaSyAzV1ZAUdb3tygjZhwVsxgQpg7sL4RhjJs&ver=4.9.2:146
    google.maps.Load @ js?key=AIzaSyAzV1ZAUdb3tygjZhwVsxgQpg7sL4RhjJs&ver=4.9.2:18
    (anonymous) @ js?key=AIzaSyAzV1ZAUdb3tygjZhwVsxgQpg7sL4RhjJs&ver=4.9.2:146
    (anonymous) @ js?key=AIzaSyAzV1ZAUdb3tygjZhwVsxgQpg7sL4RhjJs&ver=4.9.2:147

If you can’t figure out the problem I will just have to switch to another event plugin. Our entire site is dependent on the AIT Theme. Thanks again for your help.
    Bear Lake CVB

Hi Annette,

Can you try removing the Google Maps API from the Events Settings and leaving it in your theme?

Basically, it should be included in one place only, and since it seems to work within your theme, let’s try it there instead of in your Events Settings.

Thanks,

Jaime

Annette
    Participant

Hi,
    If I remove it from just from TEC the event maps quit working. It has to be entered into both the theme and TEC for the maps to work in both places. Maybe that is the underlying problem. I would expect every website to need the theme to use Google Map API for other map functions besides TEC. Is there a way to make TEC use the theme API instead of requiring it to be added in your plugin settings?
    Thanks again!

Hi Annette,

This is definitely a strange issue.  Can you try using two different Google Map APIs for the theme and your Events?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-your-google-maps-api-key/

Thanks,

Jaime

Annette
    Participant

Oh my heck!! I figured out the problem. It wasn’t the Google Maps API at all. I went through every Event Setting and found the problem on the Display page. In the Events template dropdown I had Default Page Template selected and changed it to Default Events Template and it works now! I must have thought that the default template would be best when I created the website a few years ago. Maybe you should remove that option so that it doesn’t cause problems on other websites.
    I am so sorry for bugging you guys about it but your help did make me look deeper to find the issue. I still have the “You have included the Google Maps API multiple times on this page” error showing but it isn’t affecting the page at https://idahohighcountry.org/events/ (I was using the bearlake.org website just for testing).
    I am so happy that I can renew my subscription and not have to move all of our events to an inferior events plugin. Thanks for all your help!

Hi Annette,

I’m so glad that you were able to fix things!

You are welcome back in our support forums any time!

Since your issue has been resolved, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Thanks,

Jaime

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Updates causes List View to show only one old event’ is closed to new replies.