Updated Events Calendar and plugin disappeared

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Updated Events Calendar and plugin disappeared

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Aindreas

I updated the Events Calendar plugin together with the pro version and the Woo tickets. It gave me an error during the update “Briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance. Check back in a minute.”. After solving the issue I returned to reapply the update and discovered the events calendar disappeared from my list of plugins. The Pro version and the Woo Tickets are still there.

I then tried reinstalling the plugin, however it shows me an error when I try:

Downloading install package from https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/the-events-calendar.4.0.4.zip…
    Unpacking the package…
    Installing the plugin…
    Destination folder already exists. /xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/
    Plugin install failed

Any help on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. I do not have a backup of the site to go back to.

Geoff

Hi Aindreas,

It sounds like there is a file permissions issue on the site. You can add The Events Calendar back to your list of plugins by manually installing the latest version. Here’s an article with step-by-step instructions.

Please give that a go and let me know if it helps to the trick.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Aindreas
    Participant

Thank you Geoff!

Ive manually uploaded the plugin through FTP as your link describes and it is working fine now, thank you very much!

All the best,
    Aindreas

Geoff

Awesome! Thanks for giving that a try and for following up–I’m so glad to hear things are working. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Updated Events Calendar and plugin disappeared’ is closed to new replies.