Updated Avada theme now display is messed up

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Updated Avada theme now display is messed up

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Landon
    Participant

updated to avada 4.0.2 and now individual event pages don’t show all the information for the event. style is also different than defined in the Avada options for the calendar. you can clearly see the issue here

http://www.bvspca.org/event/forget-me-not/

calendar worked with twenty 14 and all plugins enabled as well. I also uploaded a clean version of the avada theme and it still had the same issue as the updated one.

any help appreciated.

Nico

Hi Landon,

Thanks for reaching out, and sorry to hear about these issues 🙁

I couldn’t reach the event in the URL you shared with me to see what’s going on. Anyway if this is caused by the latest update of the Avada theme, it might be a better idea to reach out to them on this incompatibilities. In the meantime you can downgrade your theme to a past version where this was working correctly.

Please let me know if downgrading helps,
    Best,
    Nico

Landon
    Participant

I’m so sorry I had it disabled so it wouldn’t show on site. Please try it now

Landon
    Participant

I was able to sort it out on my own. The Avada theme has custom “views” for the plugin found in /wp-content/themes/Avada/tribe-events that override the normal tribe-event files. The overrides allow you to manage the colors through the Avada theme manager.

Renaming the folder to “tribe-events.old” fixed my issue, but it seems the Avada styles for the calendar are built into the styles.css inherently. So the display issues went away but the colors were applied anyway since the style-sheet seems to take precedence. So the colors MUST be managed by the Avada console, unless you want to weed out piece by piece the styles in Avadas css sheet.

Hopefully they will add an option soon to solely use event calendars styling. Anyways, i hope this helps anyone else out there with the same issue.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 12 months ago by Landon.
    Nico

Thanks for following-up and sharing your solution Landon!

We already touched based with the Avada folks and we hope to have some more news on this soon.

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Updated Avada theme now display is messed up’ is closed to new replies.