Update to event ticket makes my site go down

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Update to event ticket makes my site go down

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Brian Moran
    Participant

I looked at this ticket: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/update-to-the-events-calendar-plugin-causes-website-to-go-down/#dl_post-1067096

I tried the update on production and spent a day rebuilding my site. I’m now doing the update on a test site but cannot move forward because “There is new version of The Events Calendar PRO available but your license key is out of installs. Visit the Events Calendar website to manage your installs, upgrade your license, or purchase a new one.” Same for Events Tickets Plus.

I’m happy to give you guys access to the test site or do the test again if you give me a key. What is best?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hi! Thanks for reaching out. We’re experiencing a high volume of support requests right now, but please do bear with us and we’ll review your question as quickly as possible.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’d be happy to help you 🙂

When you want to update a plugin such as Event Tickets Plus, please make sure you update our core plugins (The Events Calendar and Event Tickets) first.

Trying the update on a test site is a very good thing to do. Because you can’t do automatic updates on your test site, you may have to do manual updates. Please follow the documentation on this page: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/manual-updates/

Please let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Brian Moran
    Participant

Still can’t test with out resolving the license key is out of installs issue.

Update on the process – I turned off all the plugins, reactivated one by one and the site fails when I turn on Woocommerce. This a a show stopper. I really need help, I’m paying for the premium pulgins and I cannot update. HELP!

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

You said your site fails when you turn on WooCommerce, but do you still have WooCommerce version 3.2.5? This version is a bit outdated and may not be fully compatible with the newest versions of our plugins. If you want to update The Events Calendar plugins, make sure your WooCommerce plugins are up-to-date as well.

Regarding the “out-of-installs” issue, it shouldn’t prevent you to test the newest versions of our plugins on your test site. Even without the license, Events Calendar PRO and Event Tickets Plus work properly (it’s just you don’t get automatic updates). So you should be able to upload the new versions of both plugins via FTP, following the instructions here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/manual-updates/

Please let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Brian Moran
    Participant

It did not go well. In fact it was the same result. I’ve updated all my
    plugins except Event ticket, event calendar, event ticket plus and event
    calendar plus. I did the manual download as suggested. When I activate
    Event ticket I get this. I’m tired of rebuilding my site. I’ve now wasted
    several hours on this. I need some help fixing it and I don’t mean sending
    me the link to the same webpage to manually update.

[image: image.png]

Brian Moran
    Participant

I did as you suggested. It did not go well. In fact it was the same result. I’ve updated all my plugins except Event ticket, event calendar, event ticket plus and event calendar plus. I did the manual download as suggested. When I activate Event ticket my site goes down – This page isn’t working
    ec2-34-207-191-249.compute-1.amazonaws.com is currently unable to handle this request.
    HTTP ERROR 500.

I’m tired of rebuilding my site. I’ve now wasted several hours on this. I need some help fixing it and I don’t mean sending me the link to the same webpage to manually update or the link about turning off the other plug ins. I’ve done that and we know the conflict is with Woo Commerce.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

I’m sorry you still get the same result.

Did you try your website with the default theme (Twenty Seventeen)? I noticed that your theme (LMS) offers an integration with our plugin. In order to do that, they may have customized some of our template files, and it’s possible there’s some deprecated code somewhere.

If your website doesn’t go down when Twenty Seventeen is enabled, then I would recommend you to reach out to LMS’ support.

Otherwise, please send me a copy of your website including the database, so that I could do some tests locally.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Update to event ticket makes my site go down’ is closed to new replies.