Update to 2.0.9 Completely Wiped Out Custom Fields

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Update to 2.0.9 Completely Wiped Out Custom Fields

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

working on a fresh unzip & upload. Will email you if this does not work.
    Thx again.

Barry

The only other possibilities that come to mind with the undetected plugins are:

• It could be a file permissions issue. This sometimes happens when an FTP client is used to upload files, depending on how your hosting environment is configured. You could try viewing the directories using your web hosting control panel’s file manager (if you have a tool like that available) and set file permissions to the maximum possible level (777) then reduce them again to something safer (644 is a good setting) – some trial and error could be involved here. See here for an explanation.
    • If you look inside these directories, what do you see? If you see something like __MACOSX_ in there then let me know and I’ll advise you further.
    Barry

Sure OK – sorry I think we’re posting at the same time, so some of my replies are out of synch. Feel free to update here or email me as appropriate.

Alrighty. The plugins are back (must have been an issue with the original unzip or upload I tried). Oh, & I found the “Pro” file, which was alluding me because it wasn’t titled with “the” like the others, so it wasn’t next to it in my plugin file 🙂

I’ve now got: Events Calendar 2.0.8, Pro 2.0.8, and Community 1.0.2. Look correct to you version-wise?

Now I’m on to restoring the database, which is my own issue. I appreciate your support & sorry to be a pain in your side today.

Is it Friday yet?

Barry

It will be soon 🙂

I believe that is correct – the concurrent versions ought to be:

The Events Calendar 2.0.8
    Events Calendar PRO 2.0.8
    Community Events 1.0.2
    Facebook Events 1.0.2
    Eventbrite Events 1.0.2

Of course you may only be using a subset of those.

Isaac
    Participant

sux. mine were deleted as well. saw that happened to someone with release 1.03 too. can you guys remember this for next update?

Also my templates are not working. I’ved added 2 templates under my custom theme like the following:

themes/my_theme/events/ecp-page-template.php

themes/my_theme/events/ecp-single-template.php

and sytem is showing default pages instead of mine. use to work.

Barry

We’re definitely conscious of this problem and the disruption it has caused for so many users.

Regarding your templates, one of the settings that may have been affected and may be pertinent here is Events > Settings > Template > Events Template. Can you confirm that this is set to “Default Events Template”?

Isaac
    Participant

Yes that fixed it!

Barry

Great 🙂 and sorry for the inconvenience.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘Update to 2.0.9 Completely Wiped Out Custom Fields’ is closed to new replies.