Update event list display after event time?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Update event list display after event time?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie
    Participant

Hello All,
    I’ve got a client who would like to have a displayed list of events update as soon as I the end time has passed.

How can I do this?

I’m sure some sort of cron run or Ajax script will need to run but are there any settings in Calendar Pro?

Thanks

Trisha

Hello, Stephanie!

Thank you for using The Events Calendar! I can help with this ?

Your assumption about using cron seems like the right way to go, Ajax would keep the page from reloading but it’s the cron that would do the heavy lifting here.

There’s nothing like that built into Events Calendar PRO so you would need to customize that yourself. We have a list of freelancers who we would happily recommend for this level of help if that’s something you need.

As always, if you have any other question feel free to reach out. I’m happy to help!

Cheers,
    Trisha

Stephanie
    Participant

Hi Trisha,
    Thank you for your help.

So event calendar does rely on the end time for determining when an event is expired?

Thanks,
    Stephanie

Trisha

Hello, Stephanie!

Yes, that’s correct. You can see this partially in this function https://github.com/moderntribe/the-events-calendar/blob/develop/src/Tribe/Template/Month.php#L548

For context, the main query for the month view is right above that on line 461.

Does this help answer your question? Let me know!

Cheers,
    Trisha

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Update event list display after event time?’ is closed to new replies.