Update Cart button not working

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Update Cart button not working

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    imdesigngroup
    Participant

After making a ticket selection, hit ‘Add to Cart’.
    On the checkout page, change quantities hit ‘Update Cart’ (this is where the issue is, all items are deleted).
    http://emporiaksarts.org/event/the-5-browns/

Geoff

Hi there, Tracy! Thanks for getting in touch and sorry you;re hitting some trouble with the Cart Totals in EDD Tickets.

The first thing I want to note is that the cart functionality is handled by the Easy Digital Downloads plugin. The EDD Tickets plugin allows you to create tickets in an Events post, but the actual cart and transaction process is entirely handled in by Easy Digital Downloads, so it’s likely you may need to start with their support for troubleshooting.

I was also unable to replicate the issue on my end, which leads me to believe that there is possibly a conflict at play with the theme or another installed plugin. I see you noted that you tried switching to a default WordPress theme and deactivating all other plugins. Did you happen to notice a difference under those conditions? Our testing for conflicts guide is a great place to start for pinpointing these types of issues.

Also, I see you noted that you are using version 2.2.2 of Easy Digital Downloads, but what version of The Events Calendar and EDD Tickets are you using? Make sure the latest version is installed and activated for each one–3.9 is currently the latest version for both.

I suggest starting by testing for conflicts and making sure the correct plugin versions are being used. If the issue is still popping up, then I would recommend hitting up the Easy Digital Downloads support forum for troubleshooting on that end since the issue seems to appear during the transaction.

Cheers!
    Geoff

imdesigngroup
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for replying, I appreciate your time and help.
    I have the most recent versions according to my Dashboard for the following:
    The Events Calendar
    Version 3.9

The Events Calendar: EDD Tickets
    Version 3.9

Easy Digital Downloads
    Version 2.2.2

QuickBooks for Easy Digital Downloads
    Version 1.1

Yes, I have tested with deactivating every plugin and with other WP themes.
    The issue is when hitting ‘Update Cart’ all the items in the cart fall completely.

Geoff

Hi Tracy, thanks for following up!

It looks like you’re running the latest version of our plugins (The Events Calendar and EDD Tickets). Since the issue is still popping up, even after deactivating other plugins and switching to a default theme, I suggest reaching out to Easy Digital Downloads support. The issue seems to be in the cart, which is not handled by either of our plugins.

Sorry I don’t have a concrete solution for you here, but hopefully the Easy Digital Downloads team can help shed some light on what is happening.

Cheers!
    Geoff

imdesigngroup
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for checking out your plugins, I appreciate it.
    I will contact EDD support and see what they say and report back 🙂

Geoff

My pleasure! Thanks for following up. 🙂

I’ll keep this thread open a while longer to give you some time to follow up. However, you can always feel free to start a new thread and reference this one if you ever needed to.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Tracy! Just checking in to see if there’s been any update or if you still need assistance on this one–please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

imdesigngroup
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Good afternoon!
    I’m back with some good news from EDD.
    They created a custom plugin for us called “Custom EDD”.
    It contains just one line of code that fixed our issue with the ‘Update Cart’ button.

We are having still having issues with purchasers being able to print their tickets, once purchase is complete.

EDD response is below:

The ‘Print Ticket’ feature is, unfortunately, part of the EDD Tickets plugin from Modern Tribe. Since they handle all support and debugging for that plugin, you will need to contact their support to resolve the issue, sorry.

Geoff

Awesome! I’m so glad the EDD team was able to help out. 🙂

We are having still having issues with purchasers being able to print their tickets, once purchase is complete.

We generally like to keep our threads to one issue apiece, but what kind of problem are you seeing? Are the tickets not being emailed to customers? Is the “Print Ticket” link on the confirmation page not working for you? Hoe about on the Purchase History page?

Cheers!
    Geoff

imdesigngroup
    Participant

The issue was with the print button nothing printing the ticket. We ran some new plugin updates this morning and the issue is resolved. Thank you for your help again 🙂

Geoff

Fantastic! Thanks for following up and I’m stoked everything seems to be running smoothly. I’ll go ahead and close this thread out, but please feel free to start a new one if anything else pops up–we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Update Cart button not working’ is closed to new replies.