Upcoming Events Empty after upgrade

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Upcoming Events Empty after upgrade

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    simpleconnections
    Participant

Hi, I’ve recently upgraded Events Calendar to 3.11.2 on the Drayton Valley site and just noticed that the upcoming events is blank – “no upcoming events”.

I deleted the widget template as a test, but still had “no upcoming events”. There are no filters on the widget under Theme -> Customize. I tried adding it again as a new widget, and still no upcoming events.

Also, I’m not sure how to word this elegantly, but the last two times I have clicked update on Events Calendar plugin some site functionality has broken, which isn’t great, from a responsible and backwards compatible programming standpoint.

Barry

Hi @simpleconnections,

I’m sorry to hear that.

Can we start by looking at your system information, if you are able to share it via a private reply?

I do see that if I go to …/events/month/ the calendar is populated, so it’s certainly puzzling that nothing would show on the main events page.

This also raised a couple of questions in my mind. Your system information may in part help to solve those, but I’d be interested in any feedback you yourself can provide here in case the problem relates to customizations you have made. For instance, it appears as if you have some template overrides relating to list view.

I see you noted trying to delete a template relating to the widget, but I’d be interested to know if list view becomes operable if you (temporarily) remove any list view template overrides?

Also, Iโ€™m not sure how to word this elegantly, but the last two times I have clicked update on Events Calendar plugin some site functionality has broken, which isnโ€™t great, from a responsible and backwards compatible programming standpoint.

We try hard to get this right and certainly would agree we’ve come up short on a couple of occasions — and we greatly appreciate your support as we continue to move the plugin suite forward.

simpleconnections
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚

Could you also let me know if you’ve had an opportunity to temporarily turn off your template overrides (this is as easy as renaming the tribe-events subdirectory within your theme to off__tribe-events or something similar) and does that restore the expected behaviour of list view?

simpleconnections
    Participant

Yep, looks like renaming the template folder lets upcoming events show up.

Barry

OK, so one or more of your template overrides are likely to be the problem.

Are you able to run through any which relate to list view, compare them to the current default versions and see what’s what? You could also follow a similar strategy as you did with the tribe_events directory itself and temporarily rename individual template overrides to see which specifically is the culprit (bearing in mind, it’s possible that there might be problems in more than one).

Alternatively – or additionally – if you add a plugin such as Query Monitor or Debug Bar those may help in highlighting areas which are misbehaving.

simpleconnections
    Participant

Ok, I was able to fix this by copying over top of the current template override with the old stuff and doing a bit of Frankenstein work. Thanks for the help!

Barry

Glad to hear it’s fixed ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Upcoming Events Empty after upgrade’ is closed to new replies.