Under the page "My Events," there are no text and links to edit posts

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Under the page "My Events," there are no text and links to edit posts

• This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 5 months ago by Brooke Nuckles Gentekos.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Link to the page in question: https://illinoisvalleyweb.org/events/community/list

My client informed me that when he went to edit his calendar entries from the frontend, he couldn’t see a list of his events. I went to the same page and noticed the same thing happening to me. Attached is a screenshot of what this looks like.

Could you help me with this? 🙂

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Mary!

Thanks for reaching out to us! Let me help you troubleshoot that issue.

That looks like a conflict with your theme. I suggest you switch to a default theme like twenty seventeen and see if any changes.

If nothing changes, please go through the steps provided in the testing for conflicts guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/ and let us know what you find in the process. This will help us narrow down the problem.

We suggest you setup a dev/staging site so you can make all these tests without disrupting the live site. We also encourage to make a full <u>backup</u> of your site, both database and files so in case something goes wrong you can always restore your site.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

Hi Victor,

I’m running another website (www.ruralklamathconnects.org) that has the same plugins/themes running, but no issue. Both websites are running the most recent versions of

I switched to the 2017 theme, and the issue was still present.

Steven

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Steven!

Thanks for following up with this and for clearing that out.

Could you please see if there are any console errors by inspecting the page? We have an article that explains how to do that here > <u>https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-google-chrome-developer-tools/</u&gt;

If can’t find any console errors, could you please share with us in a private reply a username and password so we can access the page to view the form? We will only access it to have a look without touching anything.

Please let us know.

Thanks,
    Victor

Opening the console gives these errors. Is this what you’re talking about? Would you like a login anyway?

dependency.min.js?ver=4.7:1 Uncaught TypeError: c.dependencyVerified.className is not a function
        at HTMLInputElement.verify.dependency (dependency.min.js?ver=4.7:1)
        at HTMLDocument.dispatch (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:3)
        at HTMLDocument.r.handle (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:3)
        at Object.trigger (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:3)
        at Object.a.event.trigger (jquery-migrate.min.js:2)
        at HTMLInputElement.<anonymous> (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:3)
        at Function.each (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
        at a.fn.init.each (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
        at a.fn.init.trigger (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:3)
        at HTMLDocument.i.run (dependency.min.js?ver=4.7:1)
    dependency.min.js?ver=4.7:1 Uncaught TypeError: c.dependencyVerified.className is not a function
        at HTMLInputElement.verify.dependency (dependency.min.js?ver=4.7:1)
        at HTMLDocument.dispatch (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:3)
        at HTMLDocument.r.handle (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:3)
        at Object.trigger (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:3)
        at Object.a.event.trigger (jquery-migrate.min.js:2)
        at HTMLInputElement.<anonymous> (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:3)
        at Function.each (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
        at a.fn.init.each (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
        at a.fn.init.trigger (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:3)
        at i.run (dependency.min.js?ver=4.7:1)
    Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Steven!

Thanks for coming back with that. It’s exactly what I needed.

Unfortunately, this is a known issue with the select2 library that causes conflicts with some plugins that also use it. The good news is we already have a fix for it and we are planning on releasing it in our next maintenance release cycle this week. So, you should expect a release very soon.

I have linked this thread to the report so we’ll let you know once the fix is released.

The only workaround we’ve found so far is downgrading The Events Calendar to a previous version. To learn more about how you can downgrade your plugins, please refer to the following article > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/downgrading-plugin-past-version/.

My apologies for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we work on this.

Best,
    Victor

Hi Victor,

I updated Events Calendar Pro and Community Events, and the issue has been resolved! Thank you for your amazing work!

I can’t seem to set the issue as “resolved.” 🙂

Steven

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Steven!

Thanks for your kind words and for following up with this to let us that the update worked for you.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but feel free to open a new topic if anything comes up and we’ll be happy to help 🙂

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Under the page "My Events," there are no text and links to edit posts’ is closed to new replies.