Unable to update to 4.4.3

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Unable to update to 4.4.3

• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Steven.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Steven
    Participant

I’m just getting going with setting everything up. I also sent a support forum issue yesterday because of conflicting information about multi-site. Now, I’m having a new problem:

I just tried to update to the new 4.4.3 release. I get this message:

An error occurred while updating The Events Calendar PRO: Update package not available.

I’ve tried this several times, and get the same message.

Before that, I got a different message telling me I had to enter my license, when in fact the PRO license had been entered, and I re-verified that.

Does this mean that I need to uninstall/reinstall the PRO plugin to get the newest version?

Thanks,
    Steve

Steven
    Participant

Tried again, still getting this message when attempting to update from 4.4.2 to 4.4.3:

An error occurred while updating The Events Calendar PRO: Update package not available.

I don’t understand why this is happening. Do I need to uninstall/reinstall to do the update?

Help, please.

Nico

Hi there Steve,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and sorry to hear about this issue 🙁

Let me start by saying that I just rechecked the update process for PRO 4.4.2 → 4.4.3 and everything worked as expected. We haven’t heard of other customers facing this issue. So not sure what might be going on in your case.

Can you please try to manually update the plugins following this guide → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/manual-updates/ ?

Also, is the site a local site or maybe it’s in an intranet or private network? The Events Calendar update was successful?

Please let me know about it and I’ll try to help,
    Best,
    Nico

Steven
    Participant

Hi, Nico. Thanks for the prompt response. I figured that I would need to do an uninstall/reinstall, and since that’s what you suggested, I did that easily and it worked fine.

Nope, not a local network or intranet. But it is multi-site, with two sites using TEC-Pro (the parent site and one sub-site). I’ve already had a few conversations with Barry at TEC about TEC multi-site issues I’ve run into (I’m sure he can share the correspondence), so I’m wondering if the update problem I ran into is related to that. I haven’t yet had a chance to work with the plugin itself since my upgrade to PRO to see if there are any problems in using it, but at least all of the updates and licenses are now set up. I’ll keep you posted if I run into other issues.

(By the way, you should know that the Elegant Themes Monarch plug-in is wreaking havoc with various automated plug-in updates, requiring that Monarch be deactivated because it’s blocking updates, including yours. I’ve contacted them about this, and we’ll see if they own up to the problem and fix it. But if you run into any other complaints about automated updates generating an alert saying that an Elegant Themes API is required, that’s the problem.)

Thanks much,
    Steve

Freddy
    Participant

Hello,

We are experiencing the same error. I will try and re-install as suggested above by Steve

Nico

Thanks for following up Steve!

As you say there are a few caveats when using a personal or business license in a multisite environment:

If you only want to use our plugin on a handful of sub-sites (10 or fewer) and are willing to perform manual updates, then you do not need a multisite license. In this case you can purchase a Personal license (for 1 sub-site), Business license (for 2-3 sub-sites) or an Agency license (for 4-10 sub-sites). More here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/multisite-license/

Thanks for the heads-up about the Elegant theme issue with updates. Hope they can fix this soon!

@Freddy, are you in a mulsite environment as well? Can you please let us know if re-installing fixed this for you?

Please keep me posted if further problems arise,
    Best,
    Nico

Meghan Cooper
    Participant

I am also having the same issue. I run a multisite, but the plugin is only activated on one sub-site. Therefore, it doesn’t require a multisite license. Is this going to be an issue that occurs with every update?

Nico

Hey Meghan,

Thanks for chiming in!

As stated in my previous reply, non-multisite licenses within a network will need manual updated unfortunately. For more details on this, please check out this article → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/multisite-license/

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to update to 4.4.3’ is closed to new replies.