Unable to Share Information automatically – error message

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Unable to Share Information automatically – error message

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Melanie
    Participant

I tick the box to share automatically but error message comes up so what’s the problem? there was a thread about this in 2016 so is it still broken?
    Getting rather frustrated with the number of problems I experience with Events Calendar package. It’s not like it’s free/cheap!

Cliff

Hi, Melanie. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

Auto-sharing the system information does work in almost all cases.

Would you be able to share an annotated screenshot, screen capture video, and/or relevant URLs to clarify exactly what’s happening here and what error(s) you’re seeing?

Then I’ll be able to dig further into this.

Thanks!

Melanie
    Participant

When I tick on the Share feature this error message comes up https://www.screencast.com/t/fToB4iUglSGT

Melanie
    Participant

This reply is private.

Melanie
    Participant

While you are doing that another problem is the display of the Events on my calendar. They are not displaying correctly! see https://www.screencast.com/t/husDqtMrh0ZH

Cliff

Melanie, thanks for your messages and sorry for the delayed reply here.

The red text from your error message screenshot is only found in WooCommerce, not in our plugins.

I suspect if you follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins), it might work for you.

However, you may not wish to go through these steps if the only benefit is for us to be able to receive your System Information Report automatically.

For your latest screenshot, that’s a common display annoyance (not bug) when Yoast SEO is activated (for all post types, not just Events). You can go to the Screen Options link in the top-right of that screen and uncheck the columns you do not want displayed.

If that doesn’t solve the issue for you, please create a separate thread so we can keep each thread to a single issue.

Thank you.

Melanie
    Participant

I will absolutely NOT do your suggestion of switching theme, deactivating plug ins to find a possible conflict! I did that before to resolve a problem, as your help suggests, and it messed up my website! I had to pay my website manager to put it back together again… admittedly I didn’t take a back up of the site before I did it – which you should suggest with your proposed solution. So, no I’m not prepared to do ita and your only answer it seems it that I need to live with it. Not terribly helpful.

Cliff

Melanie, I understand your hesitation based on prior experience, but the steps I provided are necessary–either all or some of the steps, depending on each situation–to narrow down the cause of any particular issue.

Your suggestion to recommend first taking full backups is good; thank you for sharing that.

Typically, changing themes and changing back again shouldn’t cause problems–and if it does, it might be a sign of a less-stable setup, which might be a signal toward why something with our plugins isn’t working as it ideally should.

If you’d like to not worry about the automatic system information coming through, we can close this thread and you can just copy/paste it for future support threads.

Please let me know how you’d like to proceed with this thread.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to Share Information automatically – error message’ is closed to new replies.