Unable to retrieve content from the provided URL.

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Unable to retrieve content from the provided URL.

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Nico.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    usminteractive
    Participant

Hi,

I am getting an error from a link that was working before that it is “Unable to retrieve content from the provided URL.” when trying to import. I ran it through this validator and it says it was valid. http://icalendar.org/component/com_icalvalidator/Itemid,150/view,validator/

Here is my URL: http://bhs.bsd.schoolfusion.us/modules/calendar/exportICal.php?oc_id%5B%5D=15281

Thanks for the help!

Pete

Geoff B.

Good evening Pete and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the error message you have been getting.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

First off, I was able to reproduce the issue on my end. I believe this is due to the fact that the URL you provided works great for generating a .ics file that’s ready for download, but does not follow standard iCal URL conventions that usually end with something like feed=calendar

Interestingly enough, I tried importing the .ics file generated from your link and that does work as intended (I would watch out for some the events end dates though (some of them show November 30, -0001 as a value).

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Geoff B.

Good again Pete,

As you might suspect, my previous message applies here as well.

I have a bit of an update on this topic which might be of interest to you.

After careful consideration and testing, we have decided to work on expanding the types of iCal formats we will support with our iCal importer plugin (including yours).
    As such, a dev ticket has been opened. Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date at this point. But stay tuned, you will be notified as soon as it’s available!

Thank you for your understanding,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to inform that maintenance release 4.1.3 is out. The update includes a fix for this issue.

Please update the plugins to the latest version and re-test to see if the fix works for you.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to retrieve content from the provided URL.’ is closed to new replies.