Unable to process this import

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Unable to process this import

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    massappeal
    Participant

Unable to process this import – a breakage or conflict may have resulted in the import halting.

I’ve got my Events scheduled to import daily at 8am. Things have been working pretty well for some time now, but it doesn’t look like I’ve had a successful import since August 6th.

It seems there’s been a growing number of people with a similar issue lurking around here for the last several weeks, but cannot find any resolve.

I’m importing using Eventbrite account, which I’ve gone through the process of reconnecting and recreating a scheduled import as well as a manual One-time import and keep getting the same error.

I need this resolved ASAP.

Hi Aaron,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue!

As a first step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

• A conflict with another plugin
    • A conflict with your WordPress theme
    • A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

• Make a backup of your database
    • Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

massappeal
    Participant

Thank you for the info.

I setup a staging instance of my website and followed your instructions. I didn’t have any trouble updating the plugins via staging site.

I tried the same process (default theme, only Tribe plugins active) on my live website and it’s still not working, same issue.

Any other thoughts?

TIA.

Cliff

Hi. Thanks for your effort here.

I looked up the import history for your Event Aggregator license key starting with “0d81c2b”. That Event Aggregator key does not have any recent imports associated with it (which would match not having done an import since August 6).

Is this the license key entered into your site? Did you enter it into your staging site and try the import there as well? I ask because I only see one site currently registered to this license key.

Finally, what is the URL you are importing?

massappeal
    Participant

I’ve done a lot of testing/debugging myself to make this thing work
    without any resolution.

Is there a way to get faster support?
    This process has taken a lot of time with a broken Aggregator.

I’ve attached a PDF of the Import History showing July 19th as being the
    last successful import.

I just ran another import after changing the Theme to TwentySixteen and
    deactivating all plugins except for EventsCal plugins.

I’ve been doing WordPress dev for over 7 years and can’t understand what
    the issue may be besides some sort of mySQL table being corrupt.

Please help ASAP.

Cliff

Your previous reply mentioned a PDF, but it didn’t come through. Attachments do not come through via email replies; sorry if this is what happened.

Please share a link to the PDF (such as Dropbox or Google Drive).

I’m glad to hear you’re experienced! The imports actually run on our SaaS server (mostly to overcome issues with all the various server setups out there, since digesting all the imports is very resource-intensive) so the issue could be on our server’s side.

However, I would need the URL you are trying to import so I can try to replicate the issue myself.

There is a recently-discovered issue with importing from Eventbrite via Event Aggregator. And another recent one about a new way we are doing processing on your server, which we’ve discovered isn’t working for everyone’s setup. You can install this plugin to see if it might be a fix for this second known issue (not for the Eventbrite issue): https://cl.ly/a335fe7a1a88

Please let me know what you find out.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, where we included a new Import Process System setting that allows you to select whether you want your imports to be processed Asynchronously or using the cron-based system. You can find this setting under Events > Settings > Imports tab under the Global Import Settings section.

If you are experiencing problems with your imports, please try using the cron-based system.

Also, if you were using the code snippet to use the cron-based imports system, please remove it and use this setting instead.

Additionally, we added an option to stop and clear all current asynchronous import processes by using the Stop current processes option.

You can find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-9-september-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

massappeal
    Participant

Thanks for the update. I lost this thread in my email, but glad you all have continued to support me.

I just updated the plugin and had a successful import using cron-based option.

I’ll be in touch, but hopefully not. Thanks again!

Cliff

Ha ha. Glad to hear and thanks for letting us know. If you need help in the future, feel free to open a new ticket.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to process this import’ is closed to new replies.