Unable to get "my events" to work

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Unable to get "my events" to work

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    mark
    Participant

Rob, Even after updating to 1.0.1.1 I’m still not able to get the /events/community/list page to show anything. Any ideas?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Mark,

Not sure why this is still an issue. I’ll check with the team and get back to you.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Tom
    Participant

Hi guys,

I’m having the events/community/list problem too. I’ve read and tried all suggestions, latest updates, permalinks, etc. but still no go. Unlike some others with the problem, events/community/add DOES work! The “My Events” button at the top of the new event page also does the router thing.

Thanks

Rob

Thanks for the note here, Tom. Sorry to hear this is still an issue for you. While I’m thinking the 1.0.2 upgrade that’s coming tomorrow may fix this, in the interim would you be willing to share a link to the site so we can check this issue out directly?

Joyce Grace

Hi Tony,
    Others are mentioning that it’s the /list that doesn’t show anything for them. Does yours show anything?

When you say you’ve tried all the suggestions, can you help us rule out exactly what you’ve tried? For example, I see you’ve tried updating to the latest versions of our plugins and reset your permalinks. Have you done anything else on the following list?

– Upgrade to the latest version of WordPress
    – Try to identify whether this is a conflict with another plugin. You can do so easily by deactivating any other plugins you’ve got active and checking whether the issue persists.
    – If it isn’t a plugin conflict, it may be a theme one. If after deactivating all other plugins the issue persists, please revert to the default 2011 theme and test whether it’s an issue there.
    – Switch to a different templating option under Settings –> The Events Calendar, using the dropdown.
    – Try increasing the PHP memory for your website: http://www.dailyblogging.org/wordpress/increase-wordpress-memory-limit/

Knowing that you’ve done all of these specifically will help us a lot, because it will rule out the most common causes for these types of errors,and we can really begin to pinpoint things. You may also make discoveries along the way that will help us identify the problem for you.

Thanks!

Tom
    Participant

Hi Joyce,
    Since there’s no Tony in this thread, I assume your last comment was directed at me (Tom). I have done all of the recommended items.
    New WP install, latest version (3.4.1)
    No plugin conflict, only Calendar (2.0.7) and Community (1.0.1.1).
    Using 2011 theme, switched to 2010 – no change.
    PHP memory increased to 64meg via wp-config.php.

Just a thought, this install is in a folder named /wp/ could that be a problem? Also, is it ok to leave admin id and pw here or should it be only via email?

Thanks,
    Tom

Joyce Grace

Hi Tom (sorry about the Tony thing – I must have had Tony in my mind from a previous thread!),

No, please don’t post your admin and password here – everyone will be able to see it and your site would become very insecure!

Thank you for confirming all of this with me.

Still curious though, you mentioned events/community/list is a problem for you – can you link to your site where I can see that?

Have you definitely enabled the “Enable users to edit their submissions” in Settings > The Events Calendar > Community as shown here: http://cl.ly/2p2s2X3e0V2g2S1s2a2n

If you can answer the above questions on this thread that would be great.

If the problem still isn’t fixed, can you write to pro /at/ tri.be with your login credentials, linking to this thread and explicitly stating you give us permission to log in without us being held responsible for any changes? We won’t change anything though, we will only look – it’s just a disclaimer 🙂

Tom
    Participant

Good morning Joyce,
    Yes, edit events IS enabled. I will send credentials via email but one question, is there a way to link to this thread more directly or do I just use the thread title?
    Thanks,
    Tom

Joyce Grace

Hi Tom, just copy and paste the URL in your browser bar when looking at this thread.

Tom
    Participant

Well, DUHHHH Tom.
    Thanks Joyce

Jonah
    Participant

Hi everybody,

With the release of 1.0.2 late yesterday, this issue should be resolved. Please update the plugin and report back here if you are still having issues.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to get "my events" to work’ is closed to new replies.