Unable to get "my events" to work

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Unable to get "my events" to work

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    penny
    Participant

I can not figure out how to use this and can not find any doumentation.
    Can you tell me how to make the “my page” work, I can make it visible through the menus but it will not list the events… I’m so confused and I have looked at your great video, and look through your help but cannot figure it out…

Any help would be appreciated
    Penny Golden

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Penny,

In order for the /events/community/list page to show anything (i.e. the events that a user has submitted) you must enable the “Enable users to edit their submissions” in Settings > The Events Calendar > Community as shown here: http://cl.ly/2p2s2X3e0V2g2S1s2a2n

Does that help?

penny
    Participant

That was already checked so that did not work.
    it might help to see the address it goes to when you click on “display” on the my events page:
    http://bodymindspiritguide.com/events/community/list/page/1/#

Todd
    Participant

I’m having the same issue – when “My Events” is selected, nothing shows up. Settings all good.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Penny & Todd,

Can both of you please send me WP admin access so I can look at your particular setup and see what could be going on? Please email to jonah [at] tri [dot] be and reference this thread so I know what it’s for.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Todd,

I just logged into your site and noticed you are running an older version of Events Calendar Pro. Please first upgrade to v2.0.6 and see if that helps.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Allan

I had this same problem. On (or about) line 246 of tribe-events-community.css, I commented out: .my-events th, my-events td {display:none}. “My events” would then display the event results. Is there suppose to be some js after the page loads which displays the cells?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Allan,

There is some javascript that runs in the My Events page but I’m not sure if that’s actually the problem here. I’d need to take a look at your website and see if there are any script errors or anything like that going on first. Care to share a link to your site?

– Jonah

Allan

Hi Jonah,
    There could very well be a script conflict happening here – I was running into a few last night. Here is the link: http://mytown.kotatv.com/gillette/events/community/add/

Rob

Thanks Allan. We’ve been having some email notification issues with the forum (we’re working to fix those now) so I’ve sent this to Jonah manually to review. He should be able to take a look when he next hits the forums later this afternoon.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Allan,

You’ve got a couple js script errors on the page which I’m guessing is the issue: http://cl.ly/3h471o1S0B1Q3a0n2m18

I would suggest trying to deactivate all other plugins to see what the culprit could be.

I hope that helps,
    – Jonah

mark
    Participant

I cannot get the /events/community/list page to show anything. The “Enable users to edit their submissions” in enabled. Can you help?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Mark,

Can you please provide a link to your website where you are having the issue so we can take a look?

Thanks,
    Jonah

mark
    Participant
    Rob

Thanks Mark! This is a known issue that was just introduced with the WordPress 3.4 upgrade, but we’ve patched it and are QAing that patch now. A 1.0.1.1 fix will be deployed today – at which point we’ll announce it here on the forum. Upon updating your users should once again be able to access their Events list, so long as your site isn’t running a /%category%/ permalink structure (as that bug will be fixed in the 1.0.2 monthly maintenance release, which should come at the start of July).

Apologies for the inconvenience until then. Please let me know if upon updating you are still having problems and we can try to troubleshoot from there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to get "my events" to work’ is closed to new replies.