Unable to choose from saved venues

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Unable to choose from saved venues

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    earlymusicamerica
    Participant

Our form no longer has the option for users to choose from saved venues, so we are getting a lot of duplicate new venues submitted. We’d like to have the saved venues available as well as the option to create a new venue.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’d be happy to help you 🙂

You can’t choose a venue from the client-side only, or also from the back-office?

Anyway, it is likely there is a conflict somewhere. Could you switch back to the default theme (Twenty Seventeen) to see if that makes a difference? Then, could you deactivate all plugins (except The Event Calendar ones), and check again your form?

Before doing those tests, I would recommend you to read our documentation about testing for conflicts. Ideally, you would have a staging environment, but if that’s not the case, you can use a tool such as Plugin Detective to help you troubleshoot the issues.

Please let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

earlymusicamerica
    Participant

It’s only client side. We haven’t changed/updated the theme or other plugins before or since updating EventsCalendar and Community Events, which is when the client side dropdown disappeared.

David Wood
    Marketing & Special Projects Coordinator
    Early Music America
    earlymusicamerica.org

How will you celebrate Early Music each March? Become an Early Music Month partner and find resources at earlymusicmonth.org

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for that clarification 🙂

I’m not sure what the problem is though, as I didn’t manage to reproduce this bug with the latest versions of PRO (4.4.28) and Community Events (4.5.12) activated on my local installation.

There are mainly two options: you can either run some tests to find out if another plugin or your theme is causing a conflict, or you can downgrade the plugin to a past version.

I hope this helps,

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to choose from saved venues’ is closed to new replies.