Troubles with [list_venues] and [list_organizers]

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Troubles with [list_venues] and [list_organizers]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    heinz23
    Participant

Some issues with [list_venues] and [list_organizers]:
    – Both throw illegal string offset ‘post_type’ in … the-events-calendar-list-venues-organizers-shortcodes.php … line 106 (see screens-shot attached)
    – [list_organizers] doesn’t show organizers but venues too
    – [list_venues] show me all venues regardless if there is an current event or not. Would be more usefull to show only these venues (and hopefully organizers) with upcoming events.

Any hints, solutions?

Thanks in advance and Regards
    Heinz

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Heinz!

Thanks for reaching out to us! Let me help you with this topic.

I could not reproduce the Warning message you are getting. Could you please share with us your system information by following this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/ ? We’ll see if there is anything strange that would indicate an error from there.

[list_venues] show me all venues regardless if there is an current event or not. Would be more usefull to show only these venues (and hopefully organizers) with upcoming events

Unfortunately, this is not a built-in functionality of the plugin. If you were to accomplish that, it would involve custom coding.

Let me know how that goes

Thanks,
    Victor

heinz23
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Heinz!

Thanks for coming back with you system information.

I made a few tests replicating your site’s environment and I could reproduce the issue you are having.

It seems to be a conflict with PHP 7.1 (which your site is currently running on) and The Events Calendar: List Venues/Organizers Shortcodes plugin. I will reach out to the team to see if we can fix this and come back to let you know.

Just to set expectations right, we do not actively maintaining this helper plugin and we are not able to provide much support for conflicts or errors caused by our helper plugins.

In the meantime, the only workaround I’ve found so far is downgrading to PHP version 7.0.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
    Victor

heinz23
    Participant

Hi,
    you are right. In PHP 7.0 “$atts[‘post_type’] = $type;” is no problem.
    Seems to be a side effect with the $atts array in 7.1.
    I renamed $atts to $atts2 in the shortcode-functions and it runs pretty
    well in 7.1 and 7.0.
    ——————————–
    function tec_do_organizer_shortcode( $atts ) {
    $type = TEC_VenueOrganizer_List::get_type( ‘ORGANIZER_POST_TYPE’ );
    if ( ! $type ) return ”;
    $atts2[‘post_type’] = $type;
    return new TEC_VenueOrganizer_List( $atts2 );
    }
    ——————————–

If you like to enhance this plugin for venue/organizer selection with
    upcoming events I have attached a working draft (supposed with a
    category 3).

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Heinz!

I’m sorry for the bit of delay in getting back to you.

It’s great you could find a workaround for it! Thanks for confirming and for sharing how you made it work.

I have been able to locate a report for this extension and it seems we are going to keep improving it.

I will link this thread to the report, so we’ll notify you once the extension receives an update so you can test it out. I will also make sure to pass your findings along to the developer in charge so it can be taken into account.

We appreciate your patience and collaboration 🙂

Best,
    Victor

Cliff

Hi. Great news!

We’ve released the new and much-improved version of the shortcode plugin that can list Organizers and Venues.

Please check it out at https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/list-venues-and-organizers-shortcodes/ and open a new Help Desk thread if you’ve got follow-up questions about it.

Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Troubles with [list_venues] and [list_organizers]’ is closed to new replies.