Trouble after Update 4.0

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Trouble after Update 4.0

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Thomas
    Participant

Hello,
    i have updated to 4.0.

First the Update failed. The following error message occurs and website can not be called:
    “Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tribe_is_community_my_events_page() (previously declared in /home/viventix/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/functions/template-tags/query.php:67) in /home/viventix/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/functions/template-tags.php on line 13”

It seems to be a problem with the Community Events Plugin.

I have deactivated the Community Events Plugin via ftp.

Now the website will be displayed.

But at the event summary the following error message occurs under the Filter bar (and i’m not able to activate the Community Events Plugin):

“Warning: max(): Array must contain at least one element in /home/viventix/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Cost_Utils.php on line 296

Warning: max(): Array must contain at least one element in /home/viventix/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Cost_Utils.php on line 296

Warning: max(): Array must contain at least one element in /home/viventix/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Cost_Utils.php on line 296

Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/viventix/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Cost_Utils.php on line 307

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/viventix/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Cost_Utils.php on line 309”

Please can you help me?

Johnathan
    Participant

We are also having this issue, the auto-update killed the front and back end of wp until we deactivated the community events plugin.

**Edit: The update to 4 seems to have been successful for us (auto update) but we still experienced the issue with the community events plugin. When the community events plugin is inactive, everything seems to be working fine.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Johnathan.
    Lorette Alpers
    Participant

Having the same problem. I just did a large marketing effort yesterday and events are a cornerstone of my site. Now it doesn’t work.

Any solutions from Events Calendar?

Herbert
    Participant

Had the same issue. I removed the Community Events plugin from my server then downloaded version 4 from this site. After I re-uploaded and activated Community Events, everything has worked fine so far.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues here. I can work with you to resolve this.

If you updated The Events Calendar to 4.0 and leave Community Events at 3.12.x or earlier it will break the site. If you cannot update Community Events for whatever reason you should remain on 3.12.6 for the Events Calendar and follow the steps below to set that up.

Unfortunately, the only way to fix it is to access the files of you site and delete the older version of Community Events. This process itself does not delete or change any of your settings in the database.

This can be done by either your hosting account file manager or through ftp. The files will be found here:

wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/

Please make sure to remove all copies of Community Events.

That will bring your site back and then you can download the latest version of Community Events (4.0) from your account here and manually upload it to your site.

We also have this guide for manual updates:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/manual-updates/

If you need your site right away with community events I recommended downgrading to the 3.12.x for all the plugins.

You can download the older versions from your account here on theeventscalendar.com and older versions of the core plugin here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/developers/

And follow these steps for manual updates:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/manual-updates/

If you have issues please let me know and I can help out.

Thanks

Thomas
    Participant

Hello,

Now all tribe plugins are Version 4.0.

But at the event summary the following error message occurs under the Filter bar:

“Warning: max(): Array must contain at least one element in /home/viventix/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Cost_Utils.php on line 296

Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/viventix/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Cost_Utils.php on line 307

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/viventix/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Cost_Utils.php on line 309”

i have deactivated all plugins,
    and themes 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 made no difference,
    same error

What can I do?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

To remove the warnings please turn off wp_debug in your wp-config.php.

Although this will not fix the issue it will hide the messages and it is best practice to not have that on a live site.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

As for the issue. It looks like it happens when Free or maybe other text is put in the cost field.

It is a bug and we are working on fixing. I do not have a timeline for that though.

Ryan
    Participant

Just wanted to post here that I also have this issue so I can get notified when there is a fix.

Thanks!

Matt

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

Sounds good.

We are working on a fix for 4.0.1

Thanks

Ryan
    Participant

I see 4.0.1 came out and this issue was not addressed. Is there a timeline on this by any chance? I have our update staged in dev ready to push live pending this issue.

Thanks.

Brian
    Keymaster

It got pushed to 4.0.2, which we hope to release later this week.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Trouble after Update 4.0’ is closed to new replies.