tribe_this_week shows changes to next week early

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO tribe_this_week shows changes to next week early

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    jskk123
    Participant

I’m using this shortcode to display the week’s events on my homepage: [tribe_this_week count=”20″]
    Time settings/general set to UTC-8 on both wordpress & event calendar input screens.
    my week is Sunday – Saturday.

The scenario below is an example:
    It’s Saturday, 6pm, Feb 13, home page shows view of [tribe_this_week count=”20″]
    All browsers, IE, Safari, Firefox & chrome correctly show Feb 13th highlighted. Home page shows incorrect week of 14th-should show week of 7th.

This bug is only one you’ll see on the last day of the week as far as I can tell. And I don’t know what time of day it switches to next week but I saw this after 6pm.

Nico

Hi there @jskk123,

Thanks for reporting this issue, it surely sounds like a legit bug. I’ll share this with the dev of the widget and also run some more tests on my local install to confirm if it’s indeed a legit bug. I’ll send you a a heads up on this tomorrow!

Thanks again,
    Nico

jskk123
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

Hey @jskk123,

Thanks for following up!

Regarding private events showing up, I’ve checked in the source code of the widget and seems it only shows private events to users that have the capability to read_private_tribe_events. If you log out from the admin area (or browse the site in incognito mode), Do you still see those?

On the reported issue, I’ve tried to reproduce it but it seems that the widget is respecting the timezone settings to calculate the current week. You mention your calendar is set to UTC-8, right? Are you in the same timezone? Maybe you where checking out the site from your own timezone so it was still Saturday for you but Sunday in UTC-8, could that be it?

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

jskk123
    Participant

RE: the private issue, really the issue is weekly view events don’t say “Private:” ahead of the event item which freaks me out because i think “wait! those aren’t supposed to be on the calendar” in the other views, they say private. When i log out, they are gone completely so that’s all good. I just wish weekly view noted “private” in the title.

on reported issue: i’m in UTC-8, same zone as events. So, your theory won’t work on this. It was just after Saturday, 6pm my time (UTC-8) and showing the next week. Would it have anything to do with where i host? I’m with bluehost and who knows where their servers are.

Nico

Hey @jskk123,

Thanks for following up!

I just wish weekly view noted “private” in the title.

I’ll log this issue in the product backlog, as you state it should be consistent with how private events are shown across the plugin. In the meantime if you are up to it, you can make a template override (process details can be found in our themer’s guide) to add that to the event title in case it’s a private one.

We are still looking into the week cut off issue, I’m still not able to reproduce 🙁 I’ll keep you posted on that. Not sure if it’ related to the server timezone (which per your system information is UTC).

Best,
    Nico

jskk123
    Participant

this is still happening. I forgot to set an alarm so I noticed that it was 7pm Saturday when it had switched to Sunday. This next week I’ll set an alarm to check at 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, & 5pm. This reminds me of the same problem that existed with the monthly calendar in the past. the “highlighted” date used to switch to the next day several hours earlier than it was supposed to.
    Bluehost says my servers are on UTC-7 timezone, if that helps you at all.

Nico

Sorry this is still an issue and thanks for the additional testing!

I will try a couple of more way to reproduce this on my end. As you say this might be caused by the timezone offset not being respected. My guess is it changes at 5pm, as 12 (day cutoff) – 7 (utc offset) = 5. That’s what I was trying to reproduce locally with no luck!

I will give you a heads up on this soon!

Best,
    Nico

jskk123
    Participant

You were right. it changes to tomorrow at 4pm here. I’m on zone UTC-8. At least that part is confirmed.

Nico

Excellent catch @jskk123!

Seems it’s the timezone offset affecting the end of week cutoff. I’ll go ahead and log the bug. Not sure if a temporary fix will be possible until the dev team looks into it. Do you think this is a showstopper for your site?

I might be back with some follow-up questions on your setup, although I think I have all the data to correctly log this.

Thanks a lot for the report once again,
    Best,
    Nico

jskk123
    Participant

Thanks. It’s not a show-stopper but I am getting complaints from users. If it weren’t Saturday night, that would ease the situation.

Is it possible to show my week as Mon-Sun rather than Sun-Sat? I looked around and couldn’t find where to alter a setting for that. Can you tell me if I can & where to find? If I can switch to that for now, I’ll get fewer annoyed customers until there’s a fix. 🙂

jskk123
    Participant

oops, just found that setting in the WP General settings area. Yay!
    Will look forward to the fix when it comes. thanks.

Brook
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to us Jskk123. That’s a good workaround for now. Thanks again for reporting this. We’ll let you know when we have news.

Cheers!

– Brook

Leah

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We weren’t able to get a fix for it into our upcoming release (4.1). However, please know that the problem is still on our radar and is ticketed within our system to be addressed in a future maintenance release. We’ll do our best to keep you posted when we are able to get a solution in place. Thank you for your patience while we improve and expand our plugins.

Best,
    Leah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘tribe_this_week shows changes to next week early’ is closed to new replies.