[tribe_events_list] -> we need to get also excerpt/content

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO [tribe_events_list] -> we need to get also excerpt/content

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alvise Nicoletti
    Participant

Hi !

In the shortcode [tribe_events_list],
    there seem to be no way to get out event short text with “read more” link.

Can you confirm ?
    We need that !

Hi Alvise,

Thanks for reaching out here!

Unfortunately by default, that shortcode does not have an excerpt available.

You can try using the following shortcode instead, which does include an excerpt:
    [tribe_events view="list"]

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Alvise Nicoletti
    Participant

[tribe_events view=”list”] it’s ugly 🙁

I mean, it’s nice but have too many informations and small images.

We would like to have an output exactly like [tribe_events_list] but with excerpt …

Hi Alvise,

In that case, you can try to customize [tribe_events_list] yourself and add in the excerpt.

That shortcode’s attributes come from /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Shortcodes/Events_List.php

And then it runs PRO’s Event List Widget output, which is from /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Advanced_List_Widget.php

As far as the template that gets used, that’s at /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/views/pro/widgets/list-widget.php, which is able to be overridden via our Themer’s Guide.

If this functionality is a requirement for your intended project, I’d suggest that a third-party developer would be the best way to make this feature happen on a short timeline. ? We maintain a list of developers who work with our plugins on our Knowledgebase here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/

Let me know how that goes and if you have any other questions along the way!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘[tribe_events_list] -> we need to get also excerpt/content’ is closed to new replies.