[tribe_events_list] shortcode shows incorrect format for venue option

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO [tribe_events_list] shortcode shows incorrect format for venue option

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John Holliday
    Participant

I’m using the shortcode as follows:
    [tribe_events_list venue=”yes” organizer=”yes”]

Alternatively, I get the same result with this:
    [tribe_events_list address=”yes” organizer=”yes”]

In either case, the shortcode emits the address field twice on the same line, with no delimiter.

John Holliday
    Participant

There appears to be a problem with the way Venue editing is handled. There are 2 problems. The first is that there is only one address line, when there should be two. Alternatively, this should be a multiple line field that accepts carriage returns.

The second problem is the way the fields are parsed when the “Update” or “Publish” button is pressed after entering the venue information.

As an example, suppose my venue address is “Performing Arts Building, 2863 Kelly Chapel Road”. Note the comma in the middle (because there is only one address field provided).

As soon as the “Update” or “Publish” button is pressed, the field value changes to this:
    “Performing Arts Building, 2863 Kelly Chapel Road, 2863 Kelly Chapel Road”. Note that everything after the first comma is appended to the value. This is then picked up by the shortcode, resulting in the bad formatting when the shortcode is rendered.

A temporary workaround is to avoid using commas in the address field. This is not ideal, but seems to work. In this case, changing the address to “2863 Kelly Chapel Road – Performing Arts Building” resulted in that text not being replaced with a badly parsed address.

Hunter

Hello and welcome 🙂

Thank you for posting. I created a new venue with the same name and address. Below are screenshots of both the back-end of the venue page and front-end view when using both shortcodes you shared with me.

As you can see, the plugin doesn’t seem to be behaving the same way for me. Can you please confirmed you’ve review our Testing for conflicts guide? If not, please do and reply back with your findings.

Thank you and I look forward to resolving the issue. Have a great rest of your afternoon!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘[tribe_events_list] shortcode shows incorrect format for venue option’ is closed to new replies.