[tribe_events_list] featured events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO [tribe_events_list] featured events

• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by John.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

Good afternoon.

How do you take advantage of the featured event option with the [tribe_events_list] shortcode?

Thanks!

John

Courtney

Hey John!

I tried to replicate this issue on my local site as well. I found this shortcode:

[tribe_events view=”list” tribe-bar=”false” featured=true]

Can you try that to see if it meets your needs?

Thanks,
    Courtney

John
    Participant

Hi, Courtney.

That does not work for my needs. I’m looking for the shortcode that displays featured events just like the widget.

John

Courtney

Hi John,

Can you share your System Info and website address with me. I’d like to take a look at your site to see how I can further help you.

Do you need to use a shortcode specifically? Or is this in an official widget location? If it’s in a widget location ( Appearance ยป Widgets ), we can modify the display to fit your needs.

I’ll be watching for your reply.

Thanks,
    Courtney

John
    Participant

I’ve gone ahead and used [tribe_events_list tag=”featured” tribe-bar=”false” limit=”3″] for this. It’s not ideal, as there should be no need to use a tag for something we’re already clicking a checkbox for in the event editor screen. However, the formatting of the shortcode does not match the Events List widget, when “Limit to featured events only” is checked. The background to each featured event doesn’t display the color set in Customizer. It’s also limited in that you can’t select which pieces of data to display (eg. Address, etc).

website is onlyindurham.com

John
    Participant

I need to correct myself. I did find this page for the missing information I wanted for tribe_events_list:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-widget-shortcodes/

Not being able to utilize the Featured checkbox is still a disappointment.

Courtney

Hi John

I do see that you are using the shortcode that you displayed above. Are you still wanting a different solution?

To further customize the color of widgets, you can also see Styling Events Widgets. If you aren’t familiar with CSS, I’d suggest also reviewing Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.

I will submit this request for our developers to consider. It would be really handy to have that featured filter in the shortcode.

Let me know if I can be of further help.

Thanks,
    Courtney

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘[tribe_events_list] featured events’ is closed to new replies.