[tribe_events view="month"] not showing calendar, only the default selection

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO [tribe_events view="month"] not showing calendar, only the default selection

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

Hi,

On the homepage of our website we have a photo view events listing: http://www.purple-radio.co.uk
    This is essentially the default calendar which is being shown by the Events Template being set to the Homepage, and the default template being set to photo.

However, we would like to have a second page with a regular calendar listing, like the one shown here: https://wpshindig.com/events/month/

We’ve tried to do this by adding another page and adding the [tribe_events view=”month”] shortcode (see image), however what shows is the photo view (I’ve checked the markup and this confirms style view-photo as per the homepage. You can see this new page with it’s shortcode here: http://www.purple-radio.co.uk/test-calendar-view/

We are also running a staging site, although the licence isn’t installed on this. On the staging site I’ve switched to the twentyseventeen and twentyfourteen (currently left on this) template, and disabled all other plugins, but I get the same thing: http://purple-radio.tamesisdigital.com/test-calendar-view/

The system info for both sites is pasted below.

Please could you let me know if I’ve made a simple error here, and what I could do to resolve it.

Many thanks in advance,

Laura

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Laura,

Thanks for reaching out! I’m sorry the shortcode isn’t working properly for you…It looks like you’re using it correctly. Can you try upgrading to the latest version of Events Calendar Pro (4.4.20.1) and The Events Calendar (4.6.8)? If you don’t see a prompt to update in the Plugins section of your Dashboard, you can do so manually by following these instructions.

Let me know if updating helps!

Thanks,

Jennifer

bizzallmedia
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi bizzallmedia,

Laura can’t actually see your message since you marked it “private”, but I would recommend taking a look at our themer’s guide as a starting point for making a customization like this!

Laura
    Participant

Hi bizzallmedia,
    As your reply is marked as private, I can’t read it… however I’m guessing from Jennifer’s response that it may have been a further question and not relevant to my issue.

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for the response. Sorry I’ve taken a while to respond, Christmas and New Year have slowed things down.

I’ve updated WordPress (now 4.9.1) and the events calendar (now 4.6.8), the events calendar pro is also up to date, for both the staging site (which is using the twentyfourteen theme) and live which is using my own. Neither are showing the calendar view, and as before are just showing the photo view, despite the shortcode appearing to be correct.

I’ll respond again in a moment with a private response containing the system information.

Hope you are able to help!

Thanks

Laura

Laura
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Laura,

Hope you had a great holiday season – thanks for updating and sending your system info again! I see in your last post that you only have photo view enabled – can you try enabling month view as well under Events > Settings > Display > Enable event views? Once month view is checked there, it should show up using the shortcode.

Let me know if this works!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Laura
    Participant

Ah. Thank you! I thought/suspected it was some setting as your plugin has always been really reliable in the past.

It’s now working fine, thank again!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Great! I’m glad it was a simple fix and that the plugin has been working well for you so far!

Since this has been marked “resolved”, I’ll go ahead and close it out. Please feel free to open up a new thread if you run into any other issues.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘[tribe_events view="month"] not showing calendar, only the default selection’ is closed to new replies.