[tribe_events category="…"] shortcode causing post meta box callback to break

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO [tribe_events category="…"] shortcode causing post meta box callback to break

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Nick
    Participant

Hi there,

We’ve got a large number of events being pulled into a Custom Post Type via the [tribe_events category=’…’] shortcode. This CPT also has a number of custom meta boxes registered to it, and while display and meta retrieval works great on the front end, the meta box callback functions all return the incorrect post ID unless I remove the [tribe_events] shortcode. I’ve tested by printing the $post->ID in numerous places throughout the edit.php page, and removing this shortcode, the post id is correct again.

It seems to me like the global $post variable isn’t being reset (maybe using wp_reset_postdata or wp_reset_query) after this shortcode calls a secondary loop?

Crisoforo
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thanks for taking your time to report this. We have this into our issues bucket as is causing other issues as well with other functionalities when the shortcode is being used, at the moment I don’t have an answer when this one is going to be released or fixed but as I soon as I have more information I will provide more information on this thread.

I’m really sorry for this inconvenience and we appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best
    Crisoforo.

Nick
    Participant

Hey Crisoforo,

Thanks for your response. Is there any way to contact the developer of this piece of the software to get an estimate? This is a fairly major issue for us, an since it’s causing other issues as well, it seems like this should be a priority fix.

Please advise.

Thanks,
    Nick

Crisoforo
    Keymaster

I agree to set this one as high priority. Let me communicate with the PM team in charge of the maintenance release to see if we can have a date for this one, as soon as I get an update will send you another message over here to let you know.

Thanks
    Crisoforo

Crisoforo
    Keymaster

Hey!

I was checking on the items we have on our backlog but seems like I did a mistake as I confuse this one with a similar ticket we already have. However the good news is we don’t have any other user experience this problem so we are likely going to find a solution for you.

Would you mind sharing a screenshot or snipped of code where the error is happening so we can take a deeper look and have a clear direction where we should go but in the meantime you can test in your site to avoid any conflict as well, you can use or guide to do this.

Please let me know about this so we can find a solution for you, or if you have any other questions.

Thanks
    Crisoforo.

Nick
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nick
    Participant

This reply is private.

Crisoforo
    Keymaster

Thanks for this information.

This issue seems to be isolated to your environment as no other User has report something similar, which indicates three must be a conflict on your installation and other plugin and theme, have you tried by disabling all plugins (just leaving the TEC plugins) and using the default theme to test if this still is happening.

Please let me know how that goes or if you are using any particular custom code on the admin side so we can debug that snippet.

Thanks,
    Crisoforo

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘[tribe_events category="…"] shortcode causing post meta box callback to break’ is closed to new replies.