tribe_eb_is_live_event throws a Fatal Error in the latest update

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets tribe_eb_is_live_event throws a Fatal Error in the latest update

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ibex
    Participant

Updating The Events Calendar: Eventbrite Tickets to 3.9 has broken one of our clients websites.

The update seems to have updated lots of method calls to be non-static and then the public template API (tribe_eb_is_live_event in this case) is actually calling Event_Tickets_PRO::isLive() as if it were a static method when it is not, and then the update to 3.9 has updated the methods used inside isLive to be non-static which would then produce a fatal error breaking any website that uses any public API template tags. Not great karma seeing untested paid plugins.

crhallen (rightfully) pointed this out this issue in this forum topic but Brian is giving out incorrect advice suggesting that he actually use the non-public API instead and the template tags which are created as a wrapper for the end-user and is less prone to breakages such as the latest update, or at least in theory.

Brian also suggested that those template tags have been deprecated in the 3.xx series. Then why aren’t they marked as such when I enable WP_DEBUG?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having.

You are correct I misread the deprecated notice it was actually for this function: is_live_event.

The function isLive was changed from using self to $this causing the not in object context fatal errors.

It is a bug we missed in our QA process.

The plugin does not go untested before we release it, but we do have a shortcoming in testing these functions it looks like so we will have to update and change that.

Using the coding from crhallen I can up with a snippet to replace the tribe_eb_is_live_event function:

https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/9f96d2ef2dc8e1c41922

I am creating a bug ticket to get this resolved, but does that coding help for now?

Thanks

Leah

Hi there,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this problem. We are working on a secondary maintenance release that addresses this issue. Keep an eye on your site for a new update to version 3.9.1. We’ve tested this release thoroughly and it should resolve the reported issue. However, if you are still running into trouble please start a new thread and we will respond as soon as possible. Thanks again for your patience and support!

Best,
    Leah
    and the team at Modern Tribe

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘tribe_eb_is_live_event throws a Fatal Error in the latest update’ is closed to new replies.