Error calling tribe_eb_is_live_event & tribe_eb_get_ticket_count

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Error calling tribe_eb_is_live_event & tribe_eb_get_ticket_count

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    crhallen
    Participant

I am trying to call a series of the eventbrite template tags (from https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation-eventbrite-tickets/eventbrite-template-tags/) in functions.php as below:

$added = array(
    'is_allday' => tribe_get_all_day( $postId ),
    'is_multiday' => tribe_is_multiday( $postId ),
    'event_start' => tribe_get_start_date( $postId, false, 'M j, g:i A' ),
    'event_end' => tribe_get_end_date( $postId, false, 'M j, g:i A' ),
    'organiser_name' => tribe_get_organizer( $postId ),
    'venue_name' => tribe_get_venue( $postId ),
    'eb_id' => tribe_eb_get_id( $postId ),
    'eb_show_tickets' => tribe_event_show_tickets( $postId ),
    'eb_is_live' => tribe_eb_is_live_event( $postId ),
    'eb_ticket_count' => tribe_eb_get_ticket_count( $postId ),
    'event_cost' => tribe_get_cost( $postId ),
    );

Trying each one individually, most work but I am encountering the following errors:

tribe_eb_get_id( $postId ) returns:

PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method Event_Tickets_PRO::getEventId() should not be called statically in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/public/template-tags.php on line 31
    PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method Event_Tickets_PRO::getEventId() should not be called statically in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/public/template-tags.php on line 31

tribe_eb_is_live_event( $postId ) returns:

PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method Event_Tickets_PRO::isLive() should not be called statically in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/public/template-tags.php on line 43
    PHP Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/lib/tribe-eventbrite.class.php on line 1863

tribe_eb_get_ticket_count( $postId ) returns:

PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method Event_Tickets_PRO::sendEventBriteRequest() should not be called statically in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/public/template-tags.php on line 16
    PHP Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/lib/tribe-eventbrite.class.php on line 1691

While the Strict Standard errors are not of great concern (right?), can you help me solve the Fatal Errors?

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for using our plugins. I can try to help out here, in 3.9 we changed the methods in the class that our template tags are using such as this one:

tribe_eb_is_live_event( $postId )

That is causing the fatal errors.

You can use this snippet instead until this is resolved:

https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/9f96d2ef2dc8e1c41922

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

*This post was edited to fix issues reported by ibex in this ticket:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/tribe_eb_is_live_event-throws-a-fatal-error-in-the-latest-update/

crhallen
    Participant

OK. So I needed to create an object as the methods were not declared as static in the class.

For the first two it is more simple:

//create new object
    $eventobj = new Event_Tickets_PRO();
    //call the methods within the class
    $eb_id = $eventobj->getEventId( $postId ),
    $eb_is_live = $eventobj->isLive( $postId ),

For the last one, to count the number of eventbrite ticket types:

//use api call to get all eventbrite data
    function tribe_eb_all( $postId = null, $eventobj ) {
    $postId = TribeEvents::postIdHelper( $postId );
    if ( $EventBriteId = get_post_meta( $postId, ‘_EventBriteId’, true ) ) {
    $event = $eventobj->sendEventBriteRequest( ‘event_get’, ‘id=’ . $EventBriteId, $postId );
    return $event;
    } else {
    return false;
    }
    }
    //create new object and call the function
    $eventobj = new Event_Tickets_PRO();
    $event = tribe_eb_all( $postId, $eventobj );
    //count the number of ticket types
    $eb_no_of_ticket_types => count( $event[‘event’][‘tickets’] );

Brian
    Keymaster

Great, thanks for sharing your coding with everyone.

I know someone will find that useful.

I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

This ticket is closed, but has been added to a bug ticket. This bug was found thanks to the post by ibex here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/tribe_eb_is_live_event-throws-a-fatal-error-in-the-latest-update/#post-922481

The original post was also edited to remove information that was not correct about my original assessment.

Due to a change in the methods in 3.9 the following template tags in EventBrite now return fatal errors of not in object context.

• tribe_eb_get_ticket_count()
    • tribe_eb_is_live_event()
    • tribe_eb_event_status()
    • tribe_eb_event_list_attendees()

crhallen your coding is a way around this bug until we can fix this issue.

We will update this ticket once we have information on a solution.

If you have issues related to this please create a new ticket and we can help you out.

Leah

Hi there,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this problem. We are working on a secondary maintenance release that addresses this issue. Keep an eye on your site for a new update to version 3.9.1. We’ve tested this release thoroughly and it should resolve the reported issue. However, if you are still running into trouble please start a new thread and we will respond as soon as possible. Thanks again for your patience and support!

Best,
    Leah
    and the team at Modern Tribe

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Error calling tribe_eb_is_live_event & tribe_eb_get_ticket_count’ is closed to new replies.